[Solved] Port forwarding not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-27 08:17:25 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:09:34
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: Archer A9(EU)_V6_200114

Hello. I wanted a new capable router and I purchased an Archer A9 after a few deliberations. I have had some experience with TP-Link routers (I am using a C1200 at work) and I wanted a good router that does not break the bank. I only have one issue that is a deal breaker for me. I want to Dynamic DNS with NoIP (I was using it before on my older router, I want to keep using it). I have set up my username, password and I have selected "WAN IP Binding". I have checked my NoIP account, IP is updated, but I cannot use the dynamic host name. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. I do not want to use another service.

Edit: for some weird reason I suspect port forwarding is not working at all on my router. I cannot access any of the services even I use the direct IP and the external forwarded port, so it is not an issue with NoIP.

Edit number 2: it looks like I had activated incompatible options. On my old router I had Port Forwarding and I also had DMZ activated for a certain IP. It used to work like that (I had the IP of my desktop in the DMZ and Port Forwarding for the others). I have done the same on my A9, but it looks like having DMZ enabled and Port Forwarding at the same time is a big no-no for Port Forwarding. I have disabled DMZ and now Port Forwarding is working as it should. There should be something done about this, either make the options work together or at least have Port Forwarding work even if DMZ is activated for a different IP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1481

Replies: 0

Related Articles