Omada SDN Hardware Compatibility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada SDN Hardware Compatibility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
91 Reply
Re:Omada SDN Hardware support
2020-07-17 07:46:53

@Fae Thank you very much the the list of "to-be-supported" devices.

Much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Henrik

Options
2020-07-17 12:58:39

Hi @R1D2,

Yes, you're right.  Sorry, I forgot that I had found it on the web page.  But it's (RSSI) not in the iOS App anymore.  You can sort by signal strength, and bars are displated, but you used to be able to drill into the client details and get the RSSI.  It also appears the new client history function is not yet working in the App, but does appear to be summarizing by day in the Web UI.

I've also noticed that upgrading to the SDN versions of things improved all of my signal strenghs across the board.  Ha Ha JK, but the numbers are different, smaller/more signal, than they were before.  I can see this for my wirelessly meshed 225-OD and well as STA's.  Not sure why that is.

What do these two symbols mean (see pics below)?  I assume the first is the symbol for a "STA" or wireless client -- since that's what it looks like.  But the green light bulb I have no idea about.  Only a small number of my clients have these.

Being able to see which network type is very helpful to determine if there are still older clients using b, g, or a connectivity.  Seems there might be bug, however, some of my "ac" clients are showing up as "na"  I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean.  Seems like 802.11n on 5.8GHz?  I don't have any 802.11a clients.

Similarly, it would be really helpful, if possible, to see the encryption version clients are using -- WPA, WPA2, WPA3, etc.  Hard to tell if there are older clients that don't support WPA2 for example.  I guess, ideally, it would be nice to have a setting to support ONLY WPAx/AES, and require STA's to use the highest versions that they support.

There's also a small bug/annoyance with the scroll bar.  When you set the page to 100 clients, for example. the scroll bar is all the way at the bottom.  Instead of floating being pinned to the bottom (or top) of the display window.  Sorting is good.  Filtering (by column header/category) would be better.

It would also be nice to be able to make the columns more compact.  E.g. auto width, font size, etc.  Currently with the scroll bar all the way at the bottom, and very wide column widths, it's difficult to move around with 50-100 or so clients.

Options
2020-07-17 13:46:39 - last edited 2020-07-17 13:58:57

Hi JSchnee21,

IMO the symbol on the left is a stylish user with a WiFi radio built into his brain. 

As for the green symbol and the »na« label I have no idea. Maybe guest/user indicator? Portal authorized? I guess we have to wait for the User's Guide to find out.

It would also be nice to be able to make the columns more compact.  E.g. auto width, font size, etc.  Currently with the scroll bar all the way at the bottom, and very wide column widths, it's difficult to move around with 50-100 or so clients.

Definitely. Fixed table size is something which bothered me since controller version 2.x and it was the reason I made an alternative web UI layout for V2.7 years ago. But next version changed CSS element names, so the alternative style quickly became obsolete.

If the web designers would let the browser decide how to format table cells, listings could look much better on small screens (e.g. 13"/15" laptops). I guess they all have 54" screens on their desks nowadays.

See also this post here, I did a quick test with modified CSS in the browser to demostrate this.

Maybe we could create a browser style sheet which overrides certain settings in the web UI, but since this is really much work and one cannot be sure that CSS element names change in next version, it would be better if TP-Link could improve the table layout in the sources. It would just require to remove fixed-width styles and add the nowrap attribute for white-space handling inside table cells.

Tables are well-suited for tabular data, but if a fixed cell size is used, the table layout becomes dependend on screen dimensions and resolutions.

For example, look at this page:

Oops. Clearly a nowrap attribute is missing in the headers. There also is too much unused white space in the table. A browser could optimize this easily for the actual screen if formatting would be left to the browser.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2020-07-17 14:21:24

@Fae 

This is absolutely awesome! Thank you very much!

Options
2020-07-19 08:11:51

Would be nice if older models like one I have would be supported

TL-SG3216 v1.0

Options
2020-07-30 16:04:26

@jabolfh Looks good, what's yout controller versión and your switch/router firmware version.

Options
2020-07-31 03:01:14

What is the function and where can i find this on the omada settings?

Options
Re:Omada SDN Hardware Compatibility
2020-09-22 17:52:07

Incase anyone is interested I have succesfully updated both my T1500G-10MPS(UN) 2.0 and my T1600G-28PS(UN) 3.0 to the latest firmware that include the Omada SDN. Firmware is available in the Downloads section of the Support site.

File:
ts1500.PNGDownload
Options
Re:Omada SDN Hardware Compatibility
2020-09-27 00:24:24

Will the T2600G-28MPS be gaining SDN software as well?  Seems like it would be closely related to the T1600 series that got support already

Options
Re:Omada SDN Hardware Compatibility-Solution
2020-09-28 08:06:08 - last edited 2020-09-28 08:06:30

Hi All,

The SDN firmware has been released for the following switches:

T1500G-10MPS(UN) 2.0

T1600G-28PS(UN) 3.0

T1500G-8T(UN) 2.0

T1600G-28TS(UN) 3.0

T1500G-10PS(UN) 2.0

Kind Note: 

In controller mode, some advanced functions will be limited. Please refer to the FAQ2936 below to see the functions that can be configured on the controller.

FAQ2936: What is the function we can configure when the switch is managed by Omada SDN Controller?

In addition to this, the following switches will have SDN firmware released in the near future, please kindly wait patiently.

TL-SG2210P(UN) 3.0

T1600G-52TS(UN) 4.0

T1600G-52PS(UN) 4.0

Till now, there is no plan to add SDN firmware for other current products for the time being.

For new Omada products, please check the Omada SDN Compatibility List for details. Thank you so much for your support!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Related Articles