Omada Software Controller 4.1.5?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada Software Controller 4.1.5?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
41 Reply
Re:Omada Software Controller 4.1.5?
2020-07-22 09:37:21

@ITBrant 

ITBrant wrote

Html import is where you can upload your own captive portal design, but the one i make is not working once i click the Log In Button.

For the External Portal, please click this FAQ for detailed requirements. @R1D2 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-07-22 10:19:41

@Fae 

Thank you for this but i already follow all guides for the external captive, the problem for the OC200 new version 4.1.5 has too many bugs to be fixed i think, like the captive portal settings. 

a. Transparency for the color and font of the button if you set it to 0 it goes back to 100, what i did is to set it up to 1 and it works. 

b. Portal Customization 

- Type

- Import Customized Page

It only gives a demo template that you cant put any background images, i think tplink needs to add another option to upload image for the background. 

We already test this but the problem is the image is not loading only the button is there and the problem, once you press the button it didnt direct to the OC Auth. 

Im looking to No Authentication Guide for Import Customized Page. But theres none. 

Last thing the Text " Log In " it will be awsome if we can edit it to what we want to put. 

Hope the tplink team can check on this things thank you. 

Options
2020-07-22 16:00:32 - last edited 2020-07-22 16:09:26

@Fae 

"Currently, SDN Controller 4.1.5 does not support to change the mode, it uses 802.11a/n/ac mixed for wide compatibility."

Not acceptable and backward in functionality. Please request to get this changed, this is supposed to be enterprise level equipment NOT some non enterpirse stuff. The new 'functionality' (802.11 rate control) is not clear as pointed out by R1D2 and as far as I can see with 5Ghz, it is still unclear if that prevents a/n devices connecting etc.

Also add in, lack of ability to update both OC200 and EAPs now unless we open and create a cloud account, not going to happen, potential vunerabilities with that, not mention what amazon aws\google servers are involved. Again please reinstate the ability to update online WITHOUT having a cloud account!

Options
2020-07-22 18:14:37
Not just the OC200 hardware controller, PNG transparency of the portal Logo is broken also on the Omada 4.1.5 Linux Software Controller.
Options
2020-07-30 05:55:33

I have installed Omada Software Controller 4.1.5 in Windows 10 1909/2004.  In both situations, I can run it just after installation.  I  importted my previous configuration and everything was working.  However, once I exited the program, I cannot run it a second time. Nothing shows up after clicking the icon, except brief appearance of the windows wheel indicating some activity.  When I tried to uninstall it, the setup program indicates the application is running.  I cannot see the omada process in the task manager.  I need to reboot the computer without starting the program in order to uninstall it.  When I re-install the program, it installed fine and I could run it once after the installation.  A second attempt to run it after exiting the first run will exhibit the same problem again.  I have install/uninstall/re-install several times and the problem remains the same.  Does anybody encounter this problem?

Options
2020-08-03 10:45:22

@chtse53 

create a shortcut of "C:\Users\PROFILE_NAME\Omada Controller\bin\start.bat" and paste it in

"C:\Users\PROFILE_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

that should fix the startup issue.

the Windows Installer didn't create a Service for this App or Startup Shortcut..

Options
2020-08-03 10:47:01

@Fae 

that guide does not pertain to Omada Software Controller v4.1.5? is it  not? thats for the old versions..

Options
2020-08-04 01:57:35

Dear Duskmourne 

The guide has been pushed on the official website, please follow the link below to get it.

How to Configure Omada Controller as a Windows Service(above Controller 4.1.5)

By the way, there are several mixed topics in this subject. 

To avoid confusion, it's highly recommended to start a new thread with the specific concerns on the community. Thank you.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-08-21 00:03:17

@Pugs wow ... I've just installed it and have been looking on how to disable backward compatibility for A B and G for like 45 minutes. This is so silly!!

Options
2020-08-21 05:33:12 - last edited 2020-08-21 05:34:10

i0nviz wrote

wow ... I've just installed it and have been looking on how to disable backward compatibility for A B and G for like 45 minutes.

As requested by many users SDN Controller now has much finer control over WiFi rates, which can be used to disable a/b compatibility for legacy devices:

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Related Articles