OC200 FW Ver: 1.7.0 not updating DST time. Caused scheduled backup to fail.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OC200 FW Ver: 1.7.0 not updating DST time. Caused scheduled backup to fail.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
29 Reply
Re:OC200 FW Ver: 1.7.0 not updating DST time. Caused scheduled backup to fail.
2020-12-28 02:12:04

Dear @papayeya,

Sorry for the delayed response. TP-Link team is still checking the problem.

To better assist you, I'd like to escalate your case to our senior engineers who could help you more efficiently.

They will reach you later via your registered email address, please pay attention to your email box and reply back for further assistance.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-01-22 18:16:35

@papayeya got the same problem too.. controller's date is wrong causing valid vouchers to expired even not  being used.

also some vouchers that has been set for 1 hour were not disconnecting after the specified duration.

Would be great if it can be fixed soon.

Options
2021-01-23 14:04:48

@8CE 

Vouchers not expired was fixed by updating the firmware of the wireless access point ro the latest firmware

Also update the controller's firmware to the latest.

Date of vouchers not fixed yet. I was instructed to reset the controller which I will do it soon.

Update the firmware of the access point from the controller and let us know if the vouchers not get expired issue is fixed or not 

Options
2021-01-26 02:03:30

Dear @8CE,

got the same problem too.. controller's date is wrong causing valid vouchers to expired even not  being used.

also some vouchers that has been set for 1 hour were not disconnecting after the specified duration.

May I know the device information(model and firmware) about your Omada Controller and EAPs?

For the issue that the controller's date is not updating correctly, please ensure the controller is connected to the Internet properly.

Besides, please confirm that port 123 for NTP server is not blocked in your network. FYI, some ISPs may block port 123.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-01-31 12:30:07
I've tried resetting the controller into Factory settings but it didn't solve the problem. Date issue for the vouchers was solve when i unbind the OC200 and use my computer as local server last week. Today, i tried binding my OC200 and it goes back with the same problem again despite of having the latest firmware for OC200 and my Access point. date is starting from November 20 2020 instead of current date which is January 31 2021.
Options
2021-01-31 12:49:29

@Fae  Please see attached screen shots:

Controller: OC200

Version: 4.2.8

Firmware Version: 1.7.3

EAP Model: 225 Outdoor

Version: 5.0.0

Access Point, OC200 and EAP firmware were all running with updated firmware but it always showing November 20 2020 date instead of current date.

I've got it right when i unbind OC200 and used my computer as local controller.

i'm still figuring out what causes the wrong date.

File:
issues.pdfDownload
Options
2021-02-03 01:48:12

Dear @8CE,

To better assist you, I've escalated your case to our senior engineers who could help you more efficiently.

They will reach you later via your registered email address, please pay attention to your email box and reply back for further assistance.

Options
2021-03-10 13:50:20

@8CE 

Hi, did you have a solution for this problem ? I have more than 45 controllers on my domain, I already reset some units and it not solve the problem. This is a old issue.
The NTP config is a joke, it is there for nothing.

Thanks.

Options
2021-03-11 01:57:45

Dear @TechsupportBR,

Hi, did you have a solution for this problem ? I have more than 45 controllers on my domain, I already reset some units and it not solve the problem. This is a old issue.

Do you mean that you have more than 45 OC200s and all of them don't update the system date(stays on a certain date)?

May I check the network environment of your OC200 controller and know more detail about the problem you are facing?

It would be much helpful if you could elaborate. Thank you for your kind cooperation and patience.

BTW, there is one feedback that the Main Router (AVM Fritz!Box 7590) may lead to the problem, mentioned Here.

Options
2021-03-11 10:00:36

@Fae 

Since a lot of customers mentioned they have the same issue. It is your job to go to your R&D department and ask them to fux the damn problem.

Stop asking users for the same problem details.

Your device has issues go do your job and fix it.

With the new controller update I thought it will be resolved. But sadly it is not.

Also some vouchers does not get expire.

Fae wrote

Dear @TechsupportBR,

Do you mean that you have more than 45 OC200s and all of them don't update the system date(stays on a certain date)?

May I check the network environment of your OC200 controller and know more detail about the problem you are facing?

It would be much helpful if you could elaborate. Thank you for your kind cooperation and patience.

BTW, there is one feedback that the Main Router (AVM Fritz!Box 7590) may lead to the problem, mentioned Here.

Options