OC200 not connected to Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OC200 not connected to Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
20 Reply
Re:OC200 not connected to Internet
2020-08-21 01:02:55

Dear @Daniel_NL,

From the cloud log, the Status of your OC200 changed from online to offline every couple minutes, it seems that it cannot stay connected.

I agree with shberge, if you use USB to power OC200 please try to power it with POE or try to find a more powerful USB power. When a device suffers from a power shortage, it may not perform properly. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-08-21 06:32:45

shberge wrote

@Daniel_NL What type of power do you use? If you use USB Power with to smaal power strange problem cant occure, 

Power with POE if posible.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/197062?replyId=413370

@shberge, no, the OC200 is powered by a TP-link switch with PoE ports. 

Options
2020-08-21 06:37:28

@Fae , toghether with the OC200 I purchased a PoE switch. That's where the power comes from.

But I had been thinking about this. And also detached the USB-stick, that I use to save the auto-back-up on. So currently, nothing is connected and the power comes over PoE. I already (as suggested before) tried a different (PoE) port on the switch as well. Even rebooted the switch. Nothing seems to help.

I tend to set the OC200 back to factory default once again. And restore my back-up file. Then everything works ok (untill next reboot). Maybe you can check the cloud log again?

Thanks for all your support so far, I really appreciate.

Daniel

Options
2020-08-25 04:35:09

@Daniel_NL 

Sorry for the late response.

I tend to set the OC200 back to factory default once again. And restore my back-up file. Then everything works ok (untill next reboot). Maybe you can check the cloud log again?

The OC200 is still offline from the cloud. Have you tried the factory reset? If not, please go ahead to do that and see if it works.

It will reboot automatically after the reset, so no need to reboot manually again after that. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-08-25 17:49:08 - last edited 2020-08-25 17:57:02

@Fae Sorry for my late response as well. I have been very busy the first week after my summer holidays.

This evening (about 19:30 local time), I rebooted the controller tot its factory settings and restored the config file. Had to do this twice. After the first time, I still couldn't enable cloud acces.

The second time, I first rebooted to factory settings. Then entered the information for cloud acces. After that I restored the config file. Then re-entered the cloud access information again and now the controller seems te be online and bound the the TP-Link ID. I really think this is some software misbehaviour, don't you?

I will leave the controller this way. However, whenever a reboot is required (or when a power failure occurs) I fear that the controller will loose the cloud access again...

Options
2020-08-28 12:53:03

Dear @Daniel_NL,

Sorry for any trouble caused. We don't find any clue from the cloud log, not sure what caused the problem for the moment. But this issue rarely happens, since it is back online now, you may not worry about it too much. If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Options
2020-09-03 10:31:05

@Fae I guess I'll have to wait untill a new software version will probably solve the issue. Didn't anyone else report this issue where Cloud Access is disabled after a reboot of the controller?

Options
2020-09-20 02:59:07

@Daniel_NL Hi Daniel, I had the same problem today. I finally figured out the issue. I'm using TL-R600VPN and in the TL-R600VPN I had my OC200 IP address reserved. When I created the address reservation, I marked 'Export to IP-MAC Binding'. And it told me that there was an existing static IP-MAC binding. I didn't pay attention to it.

I finally looked at my TL-R600VPN firewall router's log and find "Detected ARP conflict. Dropped 1 packets. (Packet=192.168.1.8:0C-80-63-23-46-3A, Bind-Rule=192.168.1.8:0C-80-63-23-46-3A)". So I went to firewall -> Anti ARP Spoofing' and found that I have some other MAC binding to the same IP. That was my other device which I removed but the IP-MAC binding is still in the firewall. I deleted the previous IP-MAC binding. Everything is working now.

If you use firewall/router, please make sure your OC200's IP is not binding to some other devices and you can also turn off 'ARP Spoofing Defense'. This way the firewall will allow your OC200 to communicate with Internet.

I hope this gives you some hint to solve your problem. Mine is working perfect now.

Options
2020-09-20 08:43:22 - last edited 2020-09-20 08:43:45

@debian2014 Thank you for your clear response. I will certainly check this. I've been fooling aroud with my current modem/router (Ziggo Connectbox) and that might have influenced the stability of the OC200's Internet connection.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for TP-Link to release their 2 new routers that can join the SDN. I will order one of them and then I will have changed the Connectbox in bridge mode. Router and IP-plan will be reconfigured and then I hope the OC200 will be automatically connected after any reboot (regardless the cause of the reboot).

Thanks for your contribution.

Daniel

Options
2020-09-20 15:53:06

@Daniel_NL Good to know that this may help. Yeah, this issue is related to the firewall/router configuration which may impact or deny OC200's access to Internet.

I'm also waiting for their TL-R605 which can work with OC200. My TL-R600 is not on the list of omada compatible devices. I don't know if TP-Link is going to make TL-R600 compatible with omada controller.

Options