TL-SG108E only connects with internet thru Wifi Mesh point instead of thru TL-SG1016DE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-SG108E only connects with internet thru Wifi Mesh point instead of thru TL-SG1016DE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-25 19:31:22 - last edited 2020-10-10 00:24:36
Model: TL-SG108E  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20191021 Rel.53360

Since a week we have two "Super Wifi" mesh units from KPN in our house. Great Wifi now, but something strange happens. The cat6 wired Netgear switch did not receive internet data anymore thru to central TL-SG1016DE switch (connected with router), but only thru the wired mesh unit on it.

That Mesh setup has two units. One in my office and one in my livingroom. The office one gets its internet thru a wired connection with my other TL-SG108E V3. This works fine. The mesh unit in the livingroom was also connected by wire but gets its internet from the one in the office instead of the switch there.

So I disconnected the utp-cable to the mesh unit in the livingroom, what strangely enough resulted in loss of internet on the switch.

I tested the cables and found some bad transport. Changed cable, Then also bought new TL-SG108E instead of the old Netgear switch. Transport of data is great now. All leds that matter are active, but still internet only thru the mesh point. As soon as I disconnect the mesh point I don't even can see the new switch on my Easy Smart Configuration app. Still the central switch sees the one in the livingroom says connection to the other one is 1000mb/s.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 762

Replies: 0