Vlan trunking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Vlan trunking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Vlan trunking
Vlan trunking
2020-09-18 18:17:06
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2

Hello experts,

TPLink 2500 jetstream 10 port L2 managed swith supports vlan trunking?

I've configured a port as a tag for vlan 100 and 200. But I don't see dot1q encapsulation. I need to trunk multiple clans in order to communicate router.

Best Regards.

NB

Options
3 Reply
Re:Vlan trunking
2020-09-19 03:20:47

Dear @Banik,

I've configured a port as a tag for vlan 100 and 200. But I don't see dot1q encapsulation. I need to trunk multiple clans in order to communicate router.

There is no Trunk option on the jetstream switch anymore. We can simply add the port as Tagged Port when creating the corresponding VLAN to achieve the trunk demand.

Here is a configuration example for 802.1Q VLAN for your reference.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-09-21 11:48:12

@Fae 

Hello I've configured my switch port

interface gigabitEthernet 1/0/2
  switchport general allowed vlan 100,200 tagged

My router sends traffic with vlan tag 100, but in swtich I've configured mirroring.

And see no dot1q encapsulation.

Should I configured with PVID?

Fae wrote

Dear @Banik,

There is no Trunk option on the jetstream switch anymore. We can simply add the port as Tagged Port when creating the corresponding VLAN to achieve the trunk demand.

Here is a configuration example for 802.1Q VLAN for your reference.

Options
2020-09-22 10:41:36

Dear @Banik,

No need to configure PVID for trunk VLAN. PVID is used when the ingress traffic is untagged and needs to be tagged with a specific VLAN.

From your config, you only have the port 2 set in VLAN 100 and VLAN 200 as a tagged port. How about the other ports?

Only the devices in the same VLAN can communicate with each other. If you want the port 2 to communicate with other ports in a specific VLAN, please remember to add the other ports in the corresponding VLAN.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options