Captive portal don't configure two access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-07 22:31:52 - last edited 2020-11-12 09:01:25
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 4.1.5 - 1.7.0 Build 20200703 Rel.59609

Hello everybody,

Before the firmware update on my oc200, I was able to manage 2 captive portals and 2 different SSIDs.

Now I can't do it, I can associate a single portal to several SSIDs .. some of you have had the same need as me and have it solved?

best regards

Andrea

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Captive portal don't configure two access -Solution
2020-10-16 01:34:37 - last edited 2020-11-12 09:01:25

Dear @Sher_ACL,

so I certainly can't manage my network as with the old version .. or anyway I can't authenticate people with facebook and vouchers at the same time, which is quite important for the business. creating an open SSID without any restrictions of any kind apart from the segregation of the network is also a disadvantage in terms of security.

Sorry that the SDN Controller 4.1.5 doesn't support multiple portals for multiple SSIDs for the time being.

But the PE has added a plan to create more than one portal per site in the future release (not in the next version). Thank you for your support.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
16 Reply
Re:Captive portal don't configure two access
2020-10-09 03:37:52

Dear @Sher_ACL,

Before the firmware update on my oc200, I was able to manage 2 captive portals and 2 different SSIDs.

Now I can't do it, I can associate a single portal to several SSIDs .. some of you have had the same need as me and have it solved?

Sorry that the SDN controller 4.1.5 only supports one portal for multiple WLANs. May I know your application scenario for this feature request?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-10-10 23:16:44

@Fae 

hello, I need it to distinguish guest customers from those with the fidelity card .. I printed a voucher on each one of them, but occasional customers do not have it .. so they are unable to connect to the free wifi

Best regards

Andrea

Options
2020-10-11 08:28:45 - last edited 2020-10-11 08:29:20

Dear @Sher_ACL,

hello, I need it to distinguish guest customers from those with the fidelity card .. I printed a voucher on each one of them, but occasional customers do not have it .. so they are unable to connect to the free wifi

If your purpose is to allow the guest customers to connect with free wifi for Internet access, you may create a guest SSID with none password set and enable Guest Network rather than create a second captive portal.

Options
2020-10-11 09:32:27

@Fae 

Hi, 

customers must log in with facebook with the guest, to also get some sort of advertising by publishing them on their page where they are ..

Best regards

Options
2020-10-15 01:24:10
Hello. I was not aware about this modification to allow just one Portal for all created SSIDs on the new 4.1.5 firmware. Do you think that option will be implemented on a later update ? I have two clients with a separately SSIDs and I need two portals with two different passwords as I have different bandwidth speed on each one.
Options
2020-10-15 02:22:49 - last edited 2020-10-16 04:05:46

Dear @TechsupportBR,

Do you think that option will be implemented on a later update ? I have two clients with a separately SSIDs and I need two portals with two different passwords as I have different bandwidth speed on each one.

Sorry that there is no plan for the time being. (Correction: it will be added back in the future update, but not in the next update)

If you only want to limit the bandwidth on the two clients, it's not necessary to create two portals, we can simply create two different SSIDs with different passwords, and configure Rate Limit under Advanced Settings when creating wireless networks. If you want to use the portal for advertising as well, you could add a portal for the SSIDs.

Options
2020-10-15 07:55:47

@Fae 

Hi Fae, 

so I certainly can't manage my network as with the old version .. or anyway I can't authenticate people with facebook and vouchers at the same time, which is quite important for the business. creating an open SSID without any restrictions of any kind apart from the segregation of the network is also a disadvantage in terms of security.

Options
Re:Captive portal don't configure two access -Solution
2020-10-16 01:34:37 - last edited 2020-11-12 09:01:25

Dear @Sher_ACL,

Sorry that the SDN Controller 4.1.5 doesn't support multiple portals for multiple SSIDs for the time being.

But the PE has added a plan to create more than one portal per site in the future release (not in the next version). Thank you for your support.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-10-18 13:01:04
Appreciate your reply! I already have set the Bandwidth on each SSID, it's ok! But as I have the option to create just one portal, was necessary to set the portal for one SSID and WPA2 for the other. I have two different terms of use so the personalized portal is really important for my configuration. Without counting that portal is something that elevates the user experience because it makes connectivity more professional. As I have a OC200 spare unit I think that I will replace this updated unit for a while, until Tplink release the update with the option to create more than 01 portal. Thanks for your attention.
Options
2021-01-14 08:59:25

@Fae 

Hi,

2 updates have been made to date but the situation seems unchanged .. how do we proceed?

Best regards

Andrea

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2833

Replies: 17

Related Articles