Switch Statistics wrong

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Switch Statistics wrong

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Switch Statistics wrong
Switch Statistics wrong
2020-12-17 07:49:25
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.1 Build 20201016 Rel.62818

Hello everybody,

i have a problem with my switch statistics.

After a uptime of 5 to 7 days the statistics of one switch are wrong.

At every night i get i response that 60 to 100 TB transmitted  but that can not be.

After a reboot of the switch, the problem is solved for a few days

Did anyone have the same problem?

Options
28 Reply
Re:Switch Statistics wrong
2020-12-26 01:20:54

@Christian2705 

Hey

I have the exact same problem for some reason, cannot work out why!    As you mention during the night it seems to dump 60GB or whatever through the logs for no reason and indeed a reboot fixes it for a while.

I am running the new TL-SG2008P and its still on firmware 1.0 so just assumed it was a bug and will be fixed somewhere down the line! 

Options
2021-01-18 09:20:21

I also have the same problem. 

6-10TB going through the switch at random times

Hardware used

R605

OC200 (4.2.8)

SG2428P

EAP225

If you select the switch the actual statistics are correct so it just seems to be something between how the switch communicates with the hardware controller. 

Options
2021-01-18 10:24:55

Yeah, same here

Seems to effect both

TL-SG2008P v1.0 (SW-OFFICE)

TL-SG2428P v1.0 (SW-CORE)

Same values in the app as well

OC200, v4.2.8

Options
2021-01-18 10:33:00

What the device view shows. I believe these are correct.

This is what the statistics page shows:

The EAPs statistics are all correct.

Options
2021-01-18 10:33:36

@Fae    @Kevin_Z 

Are either of your aware if this has been reported as a possible bug/error?

Options
2021-01-18 12:21:09

Dear @Philbert,

Are either of your aware if this has been reported as a possible bug/error?

I made a simple test with Omada Controller v4.8 but didn't reproduce the problem.

Can you reproduce the problem steadily? What clients are usually connected in your Omada network? 

In addition, on the Switch Statistics page, we can view the ports' traffic statistics of the selected switch in the specified time range.

Please try to specify the time range and measuring unit to check if you can find something odd, you may also specify the type of packet statistics for checking.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-01-18 13:06:52

@Fae 

It seems to be a regular occurrence (but unfortunately not so much that i can pin down exactly what devices are doing it)

I'm not sure if you can see the scale on the graphs but Port 1 - Uplink has a scale up to 1.38e12bytes (1.38terabytes!) with most of spikes occurring at night time. The X scale ranges from 14th January to now which is how long the switch has been on for.

Other devices seem to have big spikes

Port 8 - W10 desktop, it was in sleep mode when that big 1.70terabyte spike occurred. 

Port 10 is a raspberry Pi for TinyPilot which is showing 600gb Spikes which is also at night when nothing is running.

and i tried to turn them off to track down which devices is causing it but it seems to occur without any devices attached. The port profile of the uplink is not mirrored on the associated port on the Router which it is connected to and as i said before if i click on the port it does not show traffic even close to what the statistics page is showing. 

Options
2021-01-22 07:45:34

Still happening, its much worse during the night but does happen during the day as well. If i look at my phone for the total throughput of the switch its about 600GB up and 600GB down... which seems about right. 

Options
2021-01-22 10:07:20

@Fae 

Hey Fae

This appears to take around 7 days following a reboot to manifest, this time it took 10 days for me.

My setup is as below

Taking yesterday (21 Jan) as an example.  I was watching netflix 4k and other family internet surfing from 7pm - 1am last night, the switch should have been idle from 1:30am until this morning.

Taking 11:20pm last night, one would imagine that netflix would pull more than 110mb in 5 mins when watching 4k..

Once we headed to bed around 1am  the switch started logging TBs of data as shown below..

In the last 12 days its apparently logged 52TB of data.. clearly wrong.  My WAN is 47mbps

Looking at the ports they all appear to be what is expected, namely idle during the night.  

Port 8 is the TL-R605

Port 2 is the EAP245

Port 1 is the OC200 Controller

Other ports are clients which should have been low power / OFF during the night

Options
2021-01-22 10:25:51

Dear @Adoril,

Still happening, its much worse during the night but does happen during the day as well. If i look at my phone for the total throughput of the switch its about 600GB up and 600GB down... which seems about right. 

The TP-Link team is doing further tests regard with the statistics feature for the Omada switch, trying to reproduce the issue you describe here. I will let you know if there is any progress on this case. Thank you for your valued feedback.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4683

Replies: 28

Related Articles