Votes

mDNS Service

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

mDNS Service

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
252 Reply
Re:mDNS Service
2022-04-29 12:11:49

Dannyz. wrote

@Xstreem 

I have seen an other webinar yesterday that they are still finalising the version 5.1 Rollout. After that they will finaly start with the 5.2 version witch holds the mDNS function

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wxyLHofsNpc&t=2338s

It is in dutch but they say that they soon start with 5.2

I was unable to find it in the release notes of beta version 5.2.4, see: Omada Software Controller_v5.2.4 For Trial (Beta Edition)

@FAY  Maybe they have forgotten to ad it? Do you have any idea which version mDNS will be added?

Options
2022-05-09 13:15:01

@RBL v5.3.1 is out and again no mention of it in the release notes. I really don't get it. It's a big issue.

Options
2022-05-09 13:46:26

@December6823 the usual useless update, I'm not surprised, they fix things that no one matter and don't make requested stuff and serious new improvements and features, that's TP-LINK

Options
2022-05-09 14:33:37

@Xstreem I'm so glad I decided to switch to Ubiquiti basically right away. I haven't looked at this thread in a while but I can't believe this hasn't been implemented yet with all the requests for it! I've been living in a house with properly functioning IoT devices that are segregated to their own restricted VLANs (thanks Ubiquiti/Unifi) since about a week after discovering TP-Link didn't have this functionality. That's not to say Unifi isn't without its own issues, but none are as aggravating as this would be for me.

Options
2022-05-09 15:39:35

Well, I could understand that they don't put it into the changelog, since it is so embarrassing that they did not include it in the first place.

But if they haven't silently implemented it by now, it is even more embarrassing...

Options
2022-05-09 16:44:28

@Kaktus317 for sure it's not added silently also because it's a router functionality so you would require a router update aswell, but mDns a part there are a lot of things that require a change, a fix and to be added and at each update I read what they have done and I just laugh, only useless things.

Options
2022-05-10 05:28:28

Thanks a lot for updating us about mDNS Service. I would like to bookmark this post to get more information about it. 

Options
2022-05-11 15:05:29

This is extremely frustrating. Firstly, the missing mDNS, but additionally, inter-VLAN routing configuration/firewall is practically a pain.

I'm within the return window and might just end up doing that.

A cheaper OpenWRT-compatible router would help resolve all these issues, since tp-link clearly isn't too bothered to update the Omada routers.

Options
2022-05-13 15:23:29
Yes, it is astonishing how companies take customers for granted, produce shitty products and don't act on customer responses nowadays.
Options
2022-05-31 08:24:46

Uh i was aware od mDNS problem when first meet tp-link prosumer series but not bother it until now ...

Now I have mac in place and need to deal with it so ... tp-link - expedite your efforts.

And inter vlan configuration is realy painfull.

Options

Voters 36

+ 32 Voters