Possible Routing Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Possible Routing Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Possible Routing Issue
Possible Routing Issue
2013-02-20 03:23:08
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-WA7510N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.11.0 Build 111130 Rel.55645n

ISP : N/A

Hello everyone,

I am not sure what is causing my current issue at this point in time. I had the two AP's at my desk, about 4 ft. apart, with the ability to ping from one client computer to the other. However now that I have them mounted on the building I can ping every interface from our Remote LAN Segment to our Main LAN Segment unfortunately now I can't ping the last two interfaces on the Remote LAN Segment (the last two interfaces would be the remote LAN Gateway and the client computer). What adds a bit more confusion is that for this live testing I am using the exact same equipment that I had configured and tested the initial settings with. Below is the current Test Network Configurations:

We are utilizing OSPF as our routing protocol; during testing I found issues with EIGRP routing packets not being passed between the LAN Segments.

If you need further information I will provide what I can.

Thank you in advance.
Options
9 Reply
Re:Possible Routing Issue
2013-02-20 14:38:33
The same equipment and the same settings; 4ft apart, OK, but on the building ,not OK. Right ? So surprising...
Options
2013-02-24 03:25:16
TL-WA7510N works on 5GHz could there be any issue with those interfaces
Options
2013-02-26 03:11:33
While I cannot rule that out... it would seem highly unlikely since I am using the same interfaces.

Does anyone know if there is “Advanced” Configuration Interface to the Web Console? I only ask because in the TL-WA7510N AP Manual, that is more than 150 pages long, there are configurations that are not available in the configuration pages that I have available.
Options
2013-02-26 03:15:20
UPDATE --

Firmware Version: 3.12.2 Build 121108 Rel. 59207n
Hardware Version: WA7510N v1 00000000
Options
2013-02-26 03:30:17
[attach=config]278[/attach]

update image
File:
Test_NetworkDesign.jpgDownload
Options
2013-02-27 03:49:28
Switched AP's from being configured as AP and Client AP to being configured as Bridged AP's. This appears to have resolved the issue.

New issue: Now with AP's randomly going offline, requiring a power cycle to bring the AP's back online.

I believe that I am on the most recent version of Firmware available.

Device shows…

Firmware Version: 3.12.2 Build 121108 Rel.59207n
Options
2013-02-27 06:38:18
on that build, Modifications and Bug Fixes
1.fixed the instability bug under Bridge with AP mode.
could it be that one in particular did not update right, i post this cause, im sure u defaulted to factory before updating, if u did not, i advice u to.
I notice thiis, when ur configurating, if u make a mistake and save, then u correct and save, 50% of times, u see on Status like if everything its all right, but in reality does not.
Options
2013-02-27 06:49:16
@danymarc

If I am not much mistaken when up update the firmware that AP does appear to "Restore to Factory Defaults". I believe I did have to fully reconfigure the AP's after the firmware update.

I can try that again in a couple of hours when I can take the branch offline and if I can okay this with management.
Options
2013-02-27 09:01:39

RPK_evolve wrote

@danymarc

If I am not much mistaken when up update the firmware that AP does appear to "Restore to Factory Defaults". I believe I did have to fully reconfigure the AP's after the firmware update.

I can try that again in a couple of hours when I can take the branch offline and if I can okay this with management.
-
like u post, when up update the firmware that AP does appear to "Restore to Factory Defaults". i agree, but a bug i found on some, example if i am in Universal Repeater and change it to Client, my advise is, default it first, manually,from managemet, and fully reconfigure, if u had backed up a file, dont use it at this time, from ur post New issue that means in not doing the right job yet.
In ur case i will reload firmware.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1322

Replies: 9