No internet access when connected to OpenVPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No internet access when connected to OpenVPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
70 Reply
Re:No internet access when connected to OpenVPN
2023-04-19 02:07:04

Hello @beepi,

I saw you set the Local Network as 0.0.0.0/24, can the VPN clients normally access the LAN side of the router (OpenVPN server)?

If you change the Local Network to the specific interface of your router, and keep the Full mode disabled, can it work?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-04-19 07:52:59

@Hank21 

To your first question, yes they do. It would basically allow them to access all interfaces with no restrictions.

To your second question, yes, it would work.

But my issue is different, I would like to run non-"Full mode" (known as Split tunnel), but when I do so, VPN clients can no longer access the internet (not via the router, but via their physical interface)

Options
2023-04-29 04:58:23

@Hank21 OC200 v1 running 5.9.32

ER505v1 running 1.2.3

There is no option to select tunneling mode in VPN setup.  It just defaults to split tunnel and there's nothing which can be done.

Options
2023-05-05 02:23:44 - last edited 2023-05-05 02:25:01

Hello @unhappycust0mer, @pduchnovsky ,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It has been reported to the developer team for confirmation. 

The missing Full mode issue will be fixed in the official firmware of ER605 V1.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:No internet access when connected to OpenVPN-Solution
2023-05-17 03:39:08 - last edited 2023-05-17 03:39:51

Hi All,

A new 1.3.0 Official firmware has been released, please follow the post link below for details.

ER605 V1_1.3.0 Official Firmware (Released on May 17th, 2023)

The missing Full mode issue has been fixed in this official firmware, you may take your time to upgrade the 1.3.0 firmware and confirm the issue you encountered has been resolved.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-05-24 03:40:57
This seems to be working for me!
Options
2023-05-24 08:34:30

@Hank21 

Why is this official 1.3.0 release still showing "Confidential - Only For Test"?

Options
2023-05-25 00:59:54

Hello @MauriceGee,

You may try using the Private/Incognito Windows to open it.

And you may try clearing the cache and history data could be helpful either.

Options
2023-05-25 01:21:58

@Hank21 does the full mode VPN require the controller to be online?

Options
2023-07-03 18:02:56

@joeri1 Hi all guys, I need your help I've been going crazy for days.
I configured the vpn through the cloud controller on my ER605 router and when I connect from the pc everything works perfectly both the vpn network and the internet, but when I connect from my iphone with the OPENVPN app the local network works but the internet doesn't work anymore .
In the settings I also tried to set the mode to split or full but it doesn't change, on my iphone the internet doesn't work as soon as I connect to the openvpn.
The app I use has the latest update and my router is updated to the latest version 2.1.2. Can you help me?
I am attaching the settings screen, thank you very much!!

wan

vpn

Options
Related Articles