Cpe710 UN flash firmware version US, lost frecuencies

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-15 20:36:42 - last edited 2022-07-29 06:12:48
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.2.1 Build 20201201 Rel. 56722 (5553)
Hello, I am having a problem with my cpe 710 UN version, which by mistake I have updated with the firmware of the US version, from there I no longer have the option to choose my country (Argentina) and it does not detect the frequencies of the ap that I connect, I flashed the firmware again for the UN version but the option to choose the country still does not appear and I can not see the signals of the ap of my country. How can I return the firmware to version UN so I can use it again? Thanks in advance
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cpe710 UN flash firmware version US, lost frecuencies-Solution
2021-02-07 03:15:14 - last edited 2021-07-05 08:22:26

Hi All,

The firmware CPE710(US)_V1_20201208 is ONLY applied to the US, whose region is locked to the US.

If your CPE710 is NOT purchased from the US market, please DO NOT upgrade the US firmware. 

Otherwise, you won't be able to choose your region and select the frequency accordingly for use.

And no matter which firmware you try to upgrade, the firmware won't revert back to the UN version.

Note: Different countries have different laws and regulations on wireless power and frequency/channel. When using the Pharos CPE products, we need to comply with local laws and regulations, please install the firmware corresponding to your local area.

mailUpdate on 5 July, 2021:

TP-Link has modified the official website to avoid people downloading the unbefitting firmware for an upgrade since June 2021.

When you are NOT downloading firmware from your local website, there will be popping up with an Important Notice, guiding you to download the firmware from the local website.

If you see the above window popping up when downloading the firmware, please be careful that the firmware may not suit your device. It's highly recommended to select Go to Local Website to download and upgrade the firmware.

Thank you so much for your attention and cooperation!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
66 Reply
Re:Cpe710 UN flash firmware version US, lost frecuencies
2021-01-20 03:29:33

@davidmu88 hi to what AP are you connecting, for example if you connect to an ubiquiti AP that has air max enable then the tp link won't be able to connect to that access point

i know you are suppose to use your own country but if you can see your country, you can select another country as long as they operate on the saem channels

you can't select a country that uses a channel that is prohibited in your country

i think the problem is the access point not the client

sometimes if you have the access point in 20mhz the client will not see the AP

you should set you channel to to 20/40 meaning both or auto 

try to connect to another access point just to run a quick test

but i think the problem has to be a configuration on the AP

also if you updated the firmware then you reinstall the right firmware

but if you don't do a full restore on the device, you might still have some invalid settings

restore the client and set ip up again

i'm sure that might help

i do connect to other AP but for to avoid any compability issues

is always better to use the AP of the same brand or probably the same device

i known about cases where i can't connect to certain device because they use an incompatible firmware

or simply you have to select the right settings

like only N or B,G,N

the encrypstion setting is also important, some devices don't see wep depending on the mode you selected

use wpa2 and choose the right mode

soemtimes people try to use bridge when they really don't need to

and if the AP can bridge with client then you won't be able to select the device to connect to it

choose the right mode like client

i'm sure is a setting problem , full restore the device

upgrading and not restoring the device will keep the same settings

Options
2021-01-20 06:05:39

Dear @davidmu88,

Hello, I am having a problem with my cpe 710 UN version, which by mistake I have updated with the firmware of the US version, from there I no longer have the option to choose my country (Argentina) and it does not detect the frequencies of the ap that I connect, I flashed the firmware again for the UN version but the option to choose the country still does not appear and I can not see the signals of the ap of my country. How can I return the firmware to version UN so I can use it again? Thanks in advance

What's the current firmware version of your CPE710, is it Build 20201208? May I know where you got the US firmware from?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-01-20 22:55:08

@Fae 

The one I currently have is the one I specified in the first post, and I downloaded it from here:https://www.tp-link.com/es/support/download/cpe710/#Firmware
and the version that I get the region option is this: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/cpe710/#Firmware

My problem is not so much the version, but when updating the region option disappeared, so I cannot choose my country and I do not see the frequencies that I need to connect, my version of cpe710 is UN, I verified it in the feed. Even if I rewrite any UN firmware version, the region option still does not appear, I also perform factory reset, before and after writing new firmware.
Options
2021-01-20 22:57:36
My problem is not so much the version, but when updating the region option disappeared, so I cannot choose my country and I do not see the frequencies that I need to connect, my version of cpe710 is UN, I verified it in the feed. Even if I rewrite any UN firmware version, the region option still does not appear, I also perform factory reset, before and after writing new firmware. And before if all the frequencies appeared, I insist, before I could choose my country, now the option does not appear directly.
Options
2021-01-21 01:49:44

Dear @davidmu88,

The one I currently have is the one I specified in the first post, and I downloaded it from here:https://www.tp-link.com/es/support/download/cpe710/#Firmware
and the version that I get the region option is this: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/cpe710/#Firmware

I'm sorry that it's a little confusing. Are you located in Argentina?

Please kindly note that the firmware CPE710(US)_V1_20201208 on the US website is a special-designed firmware whose region is locked to the USA, once you upgrade your UN firmware to the US firmware, there is no way to choose the region.

Besides, you cannot flash the US firmware to UN firmware directly. I'd like to forward your case to the TP-Link Support team to help you.

They will contact you with your registered email address later, please kindly reply the email for further assistance.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support.

Options
2021-01-21 02:07:32

@Fae yes, Argentina, my email davidmu2006@yahoo.com.ar

Options
2021-01-24 19:12:03

@davidmu88 I HAVE THES PROBLEM I AM FROM MOROCCO 

Options
2021-01-24 19:44:16

@davidmu88 ARE YOU SLOVE YOUR PROBLEM CAN YOU HELP MI

Options
2021-01-25 03:56:14

Dear @HOUARAPRESS,

I HAVE THES PROBLEM I AM FROM MOROCCO 

Could you please describe the problem in detail so that we can try to help here?

Do you also have one CPE710? Where did you purchase it from? What's the current firmware of your CPE?

When I try to search the CPE710 from the TP-Link website in Morocco, I don't even find the product, it seems the product is not available in your region.

https://www.tp-link.com/fr-ma/search/?q=CPE710&t=product&p=

Options
2021-01-26 02:15:58

@davidmu88 Thanks in advance to Fiona from tplink support for solving the problem for me, my cpe 710 is already with UN firmware.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 13365

Replies: 66