Cpe710 UN flash firmware version US, lost frecuencies

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cpe710 UN flash firmware version US, lost frecuencies

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
66 Reply
Re:Cpe710 UN flash firmware version US, lost frecuencies
2021-02-05 14:42:56

davidmu88 wrote

@davidmu88 Thanks in advance to Fiona from tplink support for solving the problem for me, my cpe 710 is already with UN firmware.

@davidmu88 Hi, how were you able to fix the problem?. What did you do?. Did you have to install a specific firmware to have the optiont to select countries/region back?.

Options
2021-02-06 10:13:26

@FAE

I am having same problem. can you help?

Options
2021-02-06 10:58:00

@iamjoshua 

Hi,

It's likely a bug, guys. I am still waiting, support systems are really bad. I have been dealing with this problem for 2 weeks. You will have to be patient. As soon as the problem is solved, I will share the information with you.

Options
2021-02-06 12:01:08

davidmu88 wrote

@davidmu88 Thanks in advance to Fiona from tplink support for solving the problem for me, my cpe 710 is already with UN firmware.

@spacex1 But this one who posted this same issue had his issue resolve. So Im expecting they have a resolution already.

Options
2021-02-06 17:19:26
I know but my problem is still continuing and there is no information yet.
Options
Re:Cpe710 UN flash firmware version US, lost frecuencies-Solution
2021-02-07 03:15:14 - last edited 2021-07-05 08:22:26

Hi All,

The firmware CPE710(US)_V1_20201208 is ONLY applied to the US, whose region is locked to the US.

If your CPE710 is NOT purchased from the US market, please DO NOT upgrade the US firmware. 

Otherwise, you won't be able to choose your region and select the frequency accordingly for use.

And no matter which firmware you try to upgrade, the firmware won't revert back to the UN version.

Note: Different countries have different laws and regulations on wireless power and frequency/channel. When using the Pharos CPE products, we need to comply with local laws and regulations, please install the firmware corresponding to your local area.

mailUpdate on 5 July, 2021:

TP-Link has modified the official website to avoid people downloading the unbefitting firmware for an upgrade since June 2021.

When you are NOT downloading firmware from your local website, there will be popping up with an Important Notice, guiding you to download the firmware from the local website.

If you see the above window popping up when downloading the firmware, please be careful that the firmware may not suit your device. It's highly recommended to select Go to Local Website to download and upgrade the firmware.

Thank you so much for your attention and cooperation!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2021-02-08 01:40:23

@Fae

Fae wrote

Dear @davidmu88,

The one I currently have is the one I specified in the first post, and I downloaded it from here:https://www.tp-link.com/es/support/download/cpe710/#Firmware
and the version that I get the region option is this: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/cpe710/#Firmware

I'm sorry that it's a little confusing. Are you located in Argentina?

Please kindly note that the firmware CPE710(US)_V1_20201208 on the US website is a special-designed firmware whose region is locked to the USA, once you upgrade your UN firmware to the US firmware, there is no way to choose the region.

Besides, you cannot flash the US firmware to UN firmware directly. I'd like to forward your case to the TP-Link Support team to help you.

They will contact you with your registered email address later, please kindly reply the email for further assistance.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support.

The same case is happening to me, updating with a version for the US and now I don't see the frequencies of Argentina. I see that in the previous case they managed to give you a solution.

Options
2021-02-08 01:50:34

@Cordobes1987 

Cordobes1987 wrote

@Fae

Fae wrote

Dear @davidmu88,

The one I currently have is the one I specified in the first post, and I downloaded it from here:https://www.tp-link.com/es/support/download/cpe710/#Firmware
and the version that I get the region option is this: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/cpe710/#Firmware

I'm sorry that it's a little confusing. Are you located in Argentina?

Please kindly note that the firmware CPE710(US)_V1_20201208 on the US website is a special-designed firmware whose region is locked to the USA, once you upgrade your UN firmware to the US firmware, there is no way to choose the region.

Besides, you cannot flash the US firmware to UN firmware directly. I'd like to forward your case to the TP-Link Support team to help you.

They will contact you with your registered email address later, please kindly reply the email for further assistance.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support.

The same case is happening to me, updating with a version for the US and now I don't see the frequencies of Argentina. I see that in the previous case they managed to give you a solution.

How I ever wish they could have been clearer with their naming convention. The US version inherently meant to me that its just an English(US) Language firmware variant, you know, something like Windows Installers, haha. Apparently it means a very different thing here. They could have named the UN like a Global version or something else, now we're stuck with a CPE with very limited frequency range that is meant for US consumers that are otherwise not workable for me in the Philppines with non restrictive local regulations.haix. @Fae , I'm still not receiving a reply from TP-Link support even after a day for sending an email. >.< 

Options
2021-02-08 01:58:26

@iamjoshua 

unfortunately I hope to find an answer, neither those who solved it say that they had to do to make it work again. As soon as I bought it, I saw all the networks, update and now I don't see anything at all.
Options
2021-02-08 02:08:45

@ Cordobes1987 

In my case, someone from support contacted me by email, I entered my pc through teamviewer and wrote in new firmware, that was it.

Options