Votes

Request - Please add two factor authentication to the omada cloud managment.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Request - Please add two factor authentication to the omada cloud managment.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:Request - Please add two factor authentication to the omada cloud managment.
2021-07-05 11:24:21 - last edited 2021-07-05 11:25:13

Dear @tomal.it,

tomal.it wrote

Does anyone know the timeline of this? MFA is a must and I can't believe it's still not working.

2FA is planned to be supported on Omada Controller v5.0. I think it will be available before Q4 (FYI but not a guarantee).

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-08-10 09:43:45

Sorry, so as a result, two-step authentication was added or not? I can't find it in the settings.

Options
2021-08-12 18:07:00

@Lgst 

The lack of MFA on the https://omada.tplinkcloud.com/ website, which should be easy to implement is shocking for a company selling a Business products

no need to wait till Q4 (maybe), add it to the login on your own website.

Options
2021-08-17 07:32:06

+1 to this request.

I have cloud access disabled until 2FA is implemented.

Options
2021-08-25 22:13:33 - last edited 2021-08-25 22:15:41

@Lgst BUMP! Potential new customer here, just purchased a bunch of Omada gear to rebuild my network across 2 sites, and it honestly hadn't even occured to me that they could be missing such an essential security feature in 2021! Unless I can get confirmation of this feature getting implemented in the next release, and a date, I will be jumping off this wagon and running back to the store to return the gear...

Options
2021-08-26 08:56:19 - last edited 2021-08-26 08:57:02

What does the implementation of a 2FA authentication have to do with the planned V5 of the controller? It's just a web-based portal login that needs to be secured. I don't understand and find it more than disappointing. Almost all security-relevant portal logins that can be accessed via the Internet offer this option.
Mind you, it is a solution that was designed for small business ...
so sad!

Options
2021-09-13 21:48:25

Mmiii wrote

What does the implementation of a 2FA authentication have to do with the planned V5 of the controller? It's just a web-based portal login that needs to be secured. I don't understand and find it more than disappointing. Almost all security-relevant portal logins that can be accessed via the Internet offer this option.
Mind you, it is a solution that was designed for small business ...
so sad!

+1

Can't believe this is even an issue.

Security 101

Options
2021-10-29 01:23:23

@Fae 

This functionality is extremely important and should be taken to TP-LINK's security team, we live in an increasingly connected society and company assets are information, which needs to be saved. We look forward to the delivery of this function on the omada platform.
Are there any plans for implementation?

Options
2021-10-29 19:00:02

@lessa_braseg It has been added to the cloud portion of the site.

Options
2021-11-02 09:13:43

@Merryworks 

ALLELUIA laugh

Options

Voters 12

+ 8 Voters