[Solution] EAP235-Wall EAP230-Wall: Wireless clients connect to SSID with VLAN can't get IP address

[Solution] EAP235-Wall EAP230-Wall: Wireless clients connect to SSID with VLAN can't get IP address

13 Reply
Re: [Solution] EAP235-Wall EAP230-Wall: Wireless clients connect to SSID with VLAN can't get IP address
2021-08-13 06:32:53

Dear @CobblerSalad,

CobblerSalad wrote

I created an account to say I'm also having issues with the EAP235-Wall. I have two SSIDs with a different VLAN and one computer connected to an ethernet port with a VLAN. The computer hardwired works fine, but any wireless clients get an IP address but cant connect to the internet. I have this AP set up the exact same way as my other two TP link APs and they work fine. THe new firmware in this post did not solve the issue for me.

Edit: To add some more information, if I look at a network monitor on my phone it switches between being connected and disconnected once every second or so. Dropped and retried packets on the EAP are through the roof. Hopefully this can be fixed because as it currently is, this device is just an overpriced switch.

It seems that the Beta firmware 3.1.0 doesn't work for your case.

For your case, I'd like to escalate to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re: [Solution] EAP235-Wall EAP230-Wall: Wireless clients connect to SSID with VLAN can't get IP address
2021-08-23 08:51:36

It is possibile that with the firmware 3.0.0 now the VLAN settings works but it seems that is not working on different settings on the 3 ports. If I set only one port to a vlan all other ports seems to be using this setting

Is this possible?

Thanks

Christoph

Options
2021-10-12 09:35:17

Hi All

I have the same issue, using the most recent, V3.0.0 firmware. 

Is there an ETA for resolution?

Options