TL-SG105E kills internet connection occasionally

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-14 19:26:00 - last edited 2021-02-14 19:46:58
Model: TL-SG105E  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20191105

Hi,

I have been having stability issues with this switch connected to my network. Occasionally the network internet drops and it only solves with a restart to the router. It doesn't happen with any specific device turned on sometimes. 

The switch has all factory settings and the IP address doesn't clash with ISP router AFAIK

IP - 192.168.1.95

Default gateway(ISP Router) 192.168.1.1

I have three devices connected to the switch, switch is connected to an ethernet port which therefore comes from a ISP router port, but I already tested it connected directly to the router and with only laptop connected and the issue persists (it might occur after some days or something, but it ends up happening)

What can I do? Should I use any specific configuration for the switch to avoid this?

Options
5 Reply
Re:TL-SG105E kills internet connection occasionally
2021-02-16 10:49:58 - last edited 2021-02-16 10:52:13

Update: I've tried to setup Vlan for each of the devices connected and the issue persists after awhile.. I tried to change cables. And the issue persists. I don't have any other solution. What else can I do?

P. S. I can't access switch Web gui after this happens. But I can access the isp router page though. 

Options
2021-02-23 12:27:00 - last edited 2021-02-23 12:28:26

Update 2: I've tried to change the IP leasing of DHCP in ISP router to 10 weeks to debug if it was something related with IP leasing but I still have internet drop after some days.

Also defined static IP address for all devices connected in the switch (switch included) based on MAC address in ISP router.

I'm really running out of ideas to solve this, just think in removing the switch from the network. 

Options
2021-02-24 11:18:57

Dear @Ddmonteiro,

I have three devices connected to the switch, switch is connected to an ethernet port which therefore comes from a ISP router port, but I already tested it connected directly to the router and with only laptop connected and the issue persists (it might occur after some days or something, but it ends up happening)

If you remove the TL-SG105E from your network, would the issue disappear?

From the way you recover the connection, you need to restart the router instead of the switch, it seems more likely to be the router issue.

When the issue happens, does the laptop obtain a valid IP address from the router? What's the LED status on the TL-SG105E switch?  

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-02-24 11:34:49 - last edited 2021-02-27 12:15:25

Thanks for your reply @Fae ,

If I remove the switch TL-SG105E from the network the issue disappears.

The reset of the ISP router is the only way I found to solve the issue that affects whole network.

Regarding the valid IP address I can't confirm for sure (because I can't access/open the switch GUI via ip address) but nothing changes regarding it in router, the devices still has a valid IP address (static one) from router, it doesn't simply have internet connection. LED status of the ethernet ports when this happens it blinks very occasional as it wasn't receiving any traffic at the momment. 

Options
2021-03-01 11:27:51

Dear @Ddmonteiro,

If I remove the switch TL-SG105E from the network the issue disappears.

The reset of the ISP router is the only way I found to solve the issue that affects whole network.

May I know the model number of your ISP router? When you say "reset", do you mean power off and power back on?

Do you have some wireless devices connected to the ISP router by WiFi when the issue happens? What are they?

Regarding the valid IP address I can't confirm for sure (because I can't access/open the switch GUI via ip address) but nothing changes regarding it in router, the devices still has a valid IP address (static one) from router, it doesn't simply have internet connection. LED status of the ethernet ports when this happens it blinks very occasional as it wasn't receiving any traffic at the momment. 

What static IP address do you reserve for your device(the laptop)?

From your original post, the switch IP is 192.168.1.95. So I assume that you cannot access the switch GUI via 192.168.1.95.

When the issue happens, are you able to ping the switch IP on your device? How about pinging the default gateway(192.168.1.1)?

To figure out the problem, it's suggested to configure Port Mirror on the switch to capture the traffic(Ingress&Egress) from the ISP router for further analysis. And you may try capturing the traffic for about 5 minutes before and during the issue happens respectively.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 999

Replies: 5