Omada Controller OC200 v1 SDN crash after latest firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada Controller OC200 v1 SDN crash after latest firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Omada Controller v1 crash after latest firmware upgrade
2021-03-11 02:10:49

Dear @JhonneL,

now i noticed every client in voucher authentication seem 8hrs back shows time first used of their activated voucher vs the actual time of controller/router and pc where i manage the local access remotely to oc200. where If i visit the Insights> pas portal authentication it shows the actual voucher time activation correct from all system in the network. Only the weird part is from hotspot manager start activation of voucher shows 8 hrs backward it's kind weird

Sorry that I didn't understand the problem, do you mean that the voucher time is incorrect?

It may be helpful if you could describe the problem with some screenshots.

Please feel free to tell your discovery and actual experience with your scenario here, glad to listen.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-03-11 07:21:03 - last edited 2021-03-11 07:27:08

@Fae Please find my screenshot presentation of big difference in time generated from omada controller during clien voucher activation. It seems hot spot manager page shows 8 hrs backward while the Insight page menu past portal authorization got the actual time activation synchorinize with OC200 / Router. Additional info this time diff is always happening every new voucher activation on system and now I'm confuse which one will be followed by controller as an expiration, is it the time validtiy in pas portal authentication which is most realtime or the 8rs hrs backward time of Hot Spot Manager? :) and my remote laptop use to monitor the voucher system at home.

Options
2021-03-17 03:25:23

Dear @JhonneL,

Please find my screenshot presentation of big difference in time generated from omada controller during clien voucher activation. It seems hot spot manager page shows 8 hrs backward while the Insight page menu past portal authorization got the actual time activation synchorinize with OC200 / Router. Additional info this time diff is always happening every new voucher activation on system and now I'm confuse which one will be followed by controller as an expiration, is it the time validtiy in pas portal authentication which is most realtime or the 8rs hrs backward time of Hot Spot Manager? :) and my remote laptop use to monitor the voucher system at home.

Thank you for your detailed information, it's very helpful. 

Just to let you know that I've reported the problem to the R&D team who is investigating the problem.

One thing we can confirm is that the Created Time showing under the Vouchers tab is showing in a wrong way, the issue will be fixed in the subsequent updates. At present, please refer to the Authorized Clients tab or navigate to Insight > Passed Portal Authorization menu to check the time validity. Thank you!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-03-17 04:39:49
Thank you for reporting this to R&D Team. Regards.
Options
2021-04-05 18:48:54

@Fae / @R1D2 Hello just to update you after almost a month of waiting for the replacement of bricked OC200 after the release online update for OC200 v1 firmware 4.2.11 1.7.4 Build 20210118 Rel.72627 I received the warranty replacement from my vendor after technical discussion as well with the TP-Link Distributor support in my home country.

Remotely with my relative on-site, we manage to deploy the replacement OC200 v1 and make it online for 15 minutes :).

Base on the technical engineer I have spoken on my overseas call, most issues they received happen from failed firmware upgrade experience from their client for OC200, very seldom the hardware it a self fault in parts or component but most firmware bricked issue.

I hope my experienced and other community contributor and member here can address this concern to the development team to seek way on how to program and recover the operating system of OC200 since I tried several method from your shared sequence and procedure non of them fix the issue, where I understand from technical staff its more on firmware issue not component or IC level parts inside the unit.

Might develop a fail-safe recovery program for this controller for actual user DO IT Yourself procedure can recover it without much downtime on their existing network infrastructure deployment with OMADA Systems Deployment. I have short experience knowledge in CISCO switches and router configuration from their CI I seen more stable and well program their Cisco IOS (Internetwork Operating System). I hope TP-Link can develop not the same at least recovery industrial system for recovery of failed update firmware on the devices.

I'm looking forward you can advise and give feedback on my concern and suggestion.

Appreciate and Best Regards,

Options