Which 5-port PoE switch model does actually have "PoE Enable/Disable" configuration?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Which 5-port PoE switch model does actually have "PoE Enable/Disable" configuration?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-01 12:09:19
Model: TL-SG105PE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I recently purchased TL-SG105PE and immediately returned it as contrary to what PDF manual page write, it does not have a configuration page to enable/disable PoE itself. It only has "PoE Auto Recovery" configuration, which is similar, but doesn't work out for my use-case.

So here's my question: Which 5-port PoE switch model does actually have "PoE Enable/Disable" configuration page written in PDF manual? The manual I'm referring to is: 1910012910_Easy Smart Switch_UG.pdf (tp-link.com)

On page 75 of the manual, I see following screenshot which lead me to (wrongly) believe all TP-Link PoE models have this feature. It wasn't the case, so I'd like to know which model actually have this:

Options
2 Reply
Re:Which 5-port PoE switch model does actually have "PoE Enable/Disable" configuration?
2021-05-01 12:11:35

Just as a followup, I also did some searching and found this post: How do you enable/disable POE POWER on individual ports? - Business Community (tp-link.com)

In the exchange above, PoE Switches | TP-Link page is said to list all models that can enable/disable PoE on each port. However it is not true as TL-SG105PE I purchased and found out that it's missing the feature is also listed.

Options
Re:Which 5-port PoE switch model does actually have "PoE Enable/Disable" configuration?
2021-05-12 07:31:10

@tyamadajp 

Hi, have you found PoE Enable/Disable option on TL-SG105PE's interface? Have you upgraded the firmware? Maybe latest firmware will fix it.

BTW, it supports Standard: 802.3 af/at PoE, so actually you could connect a non-PoE client device to this Switch without problem.

Most PoE today is IEEE 802.3af PoE or the higher-powered IEEE 802.3at PoE+, which are very safe because power source equipment (PSE) doesn’t add power to the data line unless it detects a compatible powered device (PD) connected to the other end of the cable. This protects devices that do not support PoE.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 752

Replies: 2

Related Articles