Votes

[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?

Votes

[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?

110 Reply
Re:[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?
2022-01-22 21:57:41

Dear @Fae ,

I, also, am looking forward to see 60 option implemented in DHCP WAN-client on my ER605.

Same as my fellows in the previous posts, my ISP require this option to be set to a specific setting so I can set my ER605 as the main WAN router, thus replacing the custom router they provide to their customers.

Hoping my message contribute to move this idea one step closer to being a real thing :)

Regards

Options
Re:[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?
2022-02-28 10:45:13

@Fae is there any update on this? In the Netherlands a lot of telecom-providers require this feature as well on the WAN-side for getting an IP-address on the IPTV-VLAN. I could get around working without a multi-VLAN WAN with a managed switch but the lack of this option doesn't really help making it still impossible for people to use the routers with OmadaSDN. I've heard about a new feature in 1.2.0 of the router firmware but the OC200 still lacks any update which would make it usable.

Options
2022-03-16 12:40:44

What I thought after watch continuous requests of so many people from Home Network Community ~ to ~ Business Community is,
Oh dear I'm lucky because none of ISPs in my country requires any specific DHCP options!

I want to mod the firmware myself to tweak numerous things but I didn't tried to because passing the integrity checking process will be a hard challenge.

Except for that, adding options to dhcpc should pretty easy in my experience.

Whether implementing this is hard or not, I don't know why TP-Link dev don't consider this feature.

For me it would be very hard to tolerant double-NAT with very limited ISP CPEs, which caused by lack of functionality of my router. sad

Thank you :)
Options
2022-04-16 06:58:08
Agreed, but I must also say that support of TP Link isn't that great either, let's just say it's terrible. Options are added or altered but you have to figure out yourself where it is placed and how it works. Not exactly customer-friendly. They're not listening to customer requests like these and just doing their own thing. I'm really thinking of slowly migrating my network to a Unifi one because the support there is far greater. More expensive, sure, but at least you get proper technical support.
Options
2022-07-24 22:00:55

Hello @Fae 

Any news on that topic? Will it be considered by the dev team?

Thx

Options
RE:[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?
2022-11-05 14:39:46
Option 60 vendor class Wan
Options
RE:[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?
2022-11-05 19:09:08

Hi @Adrimama 

I cannot get the sense of your reply. Could you explain please?

I looked for the "Option 60" on WAN DHCP almost everywhere in the Omada settings, but couldn't find anything.

Did you find a way to force that option on the WAN side?

Thx

Options
2022-11-05 19:26:08

@Fae any news? It's been a year since this request was posted but there have been no news..

Options
2022-11-07 10:01:56 - last edited 2022-11-07 10:02:49

mtest001 wrote

Dear all,

I am considering replacing my current FTTH router by a TP-Link ER7206. However my ISP requires the device to populate the Option 60 parameter of DHCP requests made by the router to get an Internet (WAN) IP address assigned.

I did not see a way to populate that Option 60 through the web configuration interface. Is there a way to do it via CLI ?

Thank you so much for your help.

Extremely surprised to see that nothing is happening to get this OPTION60. I don't understand why TPlink behaves like this?

Options
2022-11-14 13:26:07

i also need this option, otherwise this router isn't useful at all except to replace my ISP's router WiFi.

I would like to get rid of my ISP's router once and for all but without this setting it's impossible.

guess i'll end up buying a router from another brand at some point, considering that this thread is 1 year od and nothing changed...

Options

Voters 40

+ 36 Voters