Services not routing thru to correct WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-07 11:51:57 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:25:56
Region : Malaysia

Model : TL-ER5120

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.0.2 Build 20120719 Rel.43150

ISP :

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my routing policies. I have a Static IP (WAN1) and Dynamic IP (WAN2) connected to my ER5120. I'm also hosting a mail server within my network. I'm trying to route all mails (both incoming and outgoing) to WAN1. I've configured Virtual Server for IMAP, POP and SMTP connections from WAN1 to my mail server. I've also configured Policy Routing so that any source IPs (0.0.0.0) utilizing the SMTP port gets routed through WAN1 to any destination IPs (0.0.0.0).

However, I seem to be facing issues with my email sending. I'm still getting emails being sent out via WAN2 as when that happens, I get an undelivered email response indicating the IP address of the sender (WAN2) as the cause of it (spam). How do I resolve this issue? Is there a configuration issue on my load balancer that needs to be resolved? Thanks.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Services not routing thru to correct WAN
2013-05-06 06:34:30 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:25:56
Unfortunately I'm experiencing the exact same issue here,
Same hardware and firmware as above.
I have 3 WAN connections, I need to route all SMTP traffic via WAN1 as the other connections are not able to be supplied fixed IP's and the dynamic IP's are all blacklisted for SMTP traffic. So far all attempts to configure policy based port routing has failed, there doesn't seem to be any way to test if its working either other than to make the change set everything live and then wait and see... 3 hours later when all our mail starts being rejected by the recipient servers I am forced to disable the additional WAN links.

Not much point in load balancer when I can only run 1 connection due to these mail issues.

Has anyone out there been able to get this function to work?
Options
My resoution
2013-07-31 12:06:53 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:25:56
Probably not the best solution - but I was in exactly the same point as well - the only way I could find to resolve this was to create a load balancing rule:

Load Balance
Policy Routing
TCP Protocol
Source IP (IP address of my server)
Destination IP (0.0.0.0 - 0.0.0.0)
Source Port 0 - 444
Destination Port 0 - 0
WAN: X Wan1
Effective Time (24/7)

That seems to have done the trick for now - but from what I was lead to believe enabling DMZ Forwarding on the One-One Nat tab SHOULD have done the same thing, but I guess not???

If anyone has a more elegant solution I'd love to find it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 824

Replies: 2