Assigning simple profile to switch's port (to lock it to specific VLAN) makes DCHP not function

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Assigning simple profile to switch's port (to lock it to specific VLAN) makes DCHP not function

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-21 22:05:17 - last edited 2021-08-21 22:06:57
Model: TL-SG3428MP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210514

I'm having a bit of a trouble configuring my Omada setup over here.This should be rather simple and I'm a bit lost why it's not working.

Basically, if I specify a particular profile to a port (besides default "All") client i not able to get an IP.

Here's what I have:

Router + Switch:

Network:

Here's the automatically created profile:

And here it is applied to the 13th port:

If I plug computer into that port, I'm not able to get an IP:

It's not the physical connection issue. I see client connected at 1Gb. Doesn't matter what port.

It's the first time I'm setting up anything more complex than a basic home router. It must be something super basic I'm missing so I appreciate the assist.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Assigning simple profile to switch's port (to lock it to specific VLAN) makes DCHP not function
2021-08-22 22:44:00

@Grocery 

Hey

Being honest, I cant see anything wrong with your configuration there.. should be fine!   

Did you try setting a manual address on the computer / laptop and testing if that will allow you to ping the gateway 192.168.10.1 ?

Options
Re:Assigning simple profile to switch's port (to lock it to specific VLAN) makes DCHP not function
2021-08-22 23:31:32

@Philbert I resolved it. It was something dumb and not enabled by default. On the switch I had to enable VLANs as they were disabled for some reason,

Options
2021-08-23 01:24:10

@Grocery 

Ah good find

That is a fairly new setting, in 4.3 if memory serves me right.  Forgot about that, one for the notes :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 598

Replies: 3