Downlink labelled as Uplink between two switches

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Downlink labelled as Uplink between two switches

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Downlink labelled as Uplink between two switches
2022-04-26 19:29:02

@Tescophil 

Did they hopefully confirmed it only impacts the mapping and that for purely networking routing there should not be any impact? 

Have netgate as fw/router and have 3 different switches from 24 / 12/8 port

For me also it takes the 12 port as hub switch on the map while clearly from spec perspective the superior switch should be the 24p which has most bandwidth capacity. 

If this also actually impacts the switching then tplink has a big problem....

Options
2022-04-26 21:17:47

@Jacla Apparently iit just affects the routing.

What is really annoying is that this is so simple to fix..., the master switch is the one which is connected to the primary gateway. Each switch is assigned an IP and a Gateway, either manually or via DHCP, so it

a) Knows the gateway address

b) Knows which port on which switch is connected to the gateway. (Hint: THATS THE MASTER)

I got a sob story from the developers saying how hard it was to work out which was the master switch when there was no TP-Link router in the network..., and when I pointed out the above simple fix.. radio silence ever since.

@Fae Can we please get this sorted, such an easy fix and its been over 6 months since this came up...?

Options
Re:Downlink labelled as Uplink between two switches-Solution
2022-04-27 01:53:54 - last edited 2022-04-28 00:57:17

Dear @Tescophil, @Jacla,

Jacla wrote

@Tescophil 

Did they hopefully confirmed it only impacts the mapping and that for purely networking routing there should not be any impact? 

It only impacts the mapping, network switching or routing should not be affected.

For the incorrect map topology due to the absence of omada gateway, our senior engineer has submitted the improvement suggestion to the developer team for evaluation, it's recorded in the system and waiting in the queue to be evaluated.

@Tescophil If you find any evidence that it affects the routing, please feel free to show it to us. If it's the case, I'll try to push the R&D team to check and resolve it in higher priority.

Thanks very much for all your effort on this issue.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2022-04-27 09:23:06
@Fae Thanks for getting back so quickly..., I'll keep my fingers crossed ;-)
Options