Bandwidth control priority

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-08 20:39:36 - last edited 2021-11-08 23:11:43
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hello

When adding a IP Group to Bandwidth Control Rules List, you have an option to give an ID (Append the rule to the right position to give a priority for the rule). Can someone explain me how the priority rule works and how to do it?

Also Bandwidth Control rule doesn't work properly, speed will break the rule limit, during initial download or upload speed for a few seconds using speed test.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Bandwidth control priority
2021-11-09 07:55:35

@Arlen 

I'm guessing it's probably in order and it takes effect if it matches. If none of them match, I guess it will be released by default.
I personally think it's normal for the speed to be fast at first.
Because I use other brands of router before that also take a certain amount of time to accumulate before the internet speed is calculated.
I guess the way to calculate the internet speed is a period of traffic / period of time.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Bandwidth control priority
2021-11-09 12:58:25 - last edited 2021-11-09 12:58:49

Sad to hear, I guess I will be returning this router. I play online games with limited internet bandwidth, and those initial speed spike causes game to lag. @Virgo 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 579

Replies: 2

Related Articles