OC200 latest firmware update fails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OC200 latest firmware update fails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
39 Reply
Re:OC200 latest firmware update fails
2022-01-11 08:22:33

@supermarkert 

I can confirm that it now also worked for me on the first attempt after I had briefly deactivated Cloud Access for the upgrade and executed the upgrade locally directly on the OC200. 

Options
Re:OC200 latest firmware update fails-Solution
2022-01-11 08:39:45 - last edited 2022-01-14 00:42:42

@bincomIT 

The cause for me was down to having a portal setup but disabled. Deleted that at TP-links advice and the update has now taken.

I think there will be another firmware update in the near future to catch some of these strange issues.

Hopefully we are all getting it working now one way or another.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-01-11 08:49:52

@biomed32uk 

great, thank you for the information.

Options
2022-01-11 21:50:55

Auto backup does require PoE as the power source. Performing an update locally is always recommended. supermarket was right about the update. Download, unzip, upload manually, keep the power and connection for the whole process. 

I heard doing auto upgrades to the devices and upgrading OC200 at the same time. The Poe switch power cycled because of the upgrade. And OC200 was using Poe. Booom, OC200 bricked because of loss of power during the update. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
Re:OC200 latest firmware update fails-Solution
2022-01-21 11:51:59 - last edited 2022-04-19 09:43:59

@biomed32uk 

PSA: It looks like they've just posted an updated firmware to 5.0.30, which addresses the issue:

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-01-21 22:39:21
I tried this for two backup controllers OC200 V1 but those without EAP Connected. Bot successful. But when I run the upgrade to my main controller as usual experience it always corrupted in the process. Main controller is no longer accessible via web browser on its local Static IP Assigned. I have always the same experience upgrading the OC200 v1 firmware, good things I have two online back up oc200 with my full backup restored in a few minutes and live production not affected much in downtime. I hope tplink can fix this regular experience of mine. always corrupting the main controller live in production during upgrade.
Options
2022-01-21 22:43:53
i agree with you. in 100% experience my main live controller where 19units eap 225 outdoor are mesh connected always corrupted in my more than 1 year experience updating oc200 v1 controller. but in process of bsame procedure for my backup controller oc200 v1 (no eap's connected or active) 100% success hheghe, weird might this firmware process are regular failed in live active environment always @fae help pls,
Options
2022-01-24 03:58:17

Dear @JhonneL,

JhonneL wrote

in 100% experience my main live controller where 19units eap 225 outdoor are mesh connected always corrupted in my more than 1 year experience updating oc200 v1 controller. but in process of bsame procedure for my backup controller oc200 v1 (no eap's connected or active) 100% success hheghe, weird might this firmware process are regular failed in live active environment always @fae help pls,

The issue you are experiencing sounds unusual, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and patience!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-24 07:56:52

@Fae Thank you I been in e-mail communication now with Hugh from TPLINK support team for the escalated known issue in my case.

Best Regards.

Fae wrote

Dear @JhonneL,

JhonneL wrote

in 100% experience my main live controller where 19units eap 225 outdoor are mesh connected always corrupted in my more than 1 year experience updating oc200 v1 controller. but in process of bsame procedure for my backup controller oc200 v1 (no eap's connected or active) 100% success hheghe, weird might this firmware process are regular failed in live active environment always @fae help pls,

The issue you are experiencing sounds unusual, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and patience!

Options
Related Articles