Use Fixed IP Address not working.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Use Fixed IP Address not working.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
21 Reply
Re:Use Fixed IP Address not working.
2022-01-20 08:29:40

@bbro stupid question, do you use one of the omada gateways as well? :) For fixed ip addresses are only supported with gateway. I'm not sure whether there's even the possibility to have a dhcp server running without omada gateway, so I suppose you do use it. But it's nowhere mentioned before.

Options
2022-01-20 09:04:05

@S-K 

Hi, yes i'm using the ER605 router which is adopted by omada.

Options
2022-01-20 10:09:33

@bbro ok, just in case... ;)

Options
2022-01-20 10:35:47

@S-K 

No Problem, thanks for the help. I was hoping the v5 would have fixed all these issues.

General question if anyone knows how often is the controller updated with details of clients from the router? If I unplug a device from the network and refresh the client list should it remove it immediately? It doesn't for me. 

Also I'm running omada in docker if that makes any difference?

Options
2022-01-20 12:20:10

@bbro I'm not sure how often this happens but I have the same behaviour, disconnecting clients doesn't remove them immediately. A couple of client's isn't even shown in the client list. Even if they either are connected to one of the omada access points or at least, of connected wired, pass the omada gateway. 

Another idea: in your LAN configuration (settings > wireless networks > lan > ...) you can setup "legal dhcp servers" for your lan. But I suppose this will only work when using omada switches as well.

Can you ensure that the IP adresses for your cameras come from omada dhcp? As I use my own DHCP and DNS servers I'm not sure wheter there's a view for dhcp leases. Are your cameras separated in a vlan? Maybe some impact from this?

Options
2022-01-20 14:39:23

@S-K 

Thanks for the reply. Setting "legal dhcp servers" to my gateway didn't seem to help.

I have one wifi camera that is connnected to an EAP 225 and if I click on the reconnect link bleow in the client list 

It will get the fixed ip address after reconnecting.

If i switch the camera off and on again it will get a different IP Address.

I can't do that with the other cameras as they are POE IP cameras and connected to a non smart switch so they don't have the option to reconnect.

I do have my old netgear wireless router on the network but I have changed that to access point mode only so no DHCP on it. (Soon to be replaced by an EAP615-wall)

Nothing else on the LAN should be acting as DHCP.

There are no seperate vlans.

Options
2022-01-20 20:56:04

@S-K 

You can run another DHCP server even you have a router. I did this when I use raspberry pi for adblocking.

But, anyway, you fix IPs, you do this on the device which is doing DHCP server.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2022-01-20 20:59:41

@bbro

What if you do DHCP reservations, will you be able to get the right IPs for your devices? 

Path: Settings > services > DHCP reservation 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
Re:Use Fixed IP Address not working.-Solution
2022-04-01 10:45:44 - last edited 2022-04-01 10:46:08

Dear @bbro,

bbro wrote

I'm having problems using fixed ip's on omada

I have the ER605 v1.0 router with firmware 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608

Linux OMADA software controller v 5.0.29

Non smart 8 port switch (4 port POE)

4 reolink ip cameras.

1 basic lan set up in OMADA controller

The cameras reboot once per week and keep getting different IP addresses.

I can see they are set up correctly under the new section that became available on v5

Thank you for your valuable feedback!  The R&D team has made a Beta firmware trying to fix the issue above.

Welcome to install the Beta firmware and comment with your feedback from the solution post below:

Solution  ER605 ER7206 - “Use Fixed IP Address” (DHCP Reservation) Doesn't Take Effect

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2022-04-01 16:33:07
Hello @Fae Thanks for the update. The beta firmware seems to fix the issue. I had upgraded to v1.2.0 on the ER605 recently but that didn't fix it. I restarted a camera before installing the beta firmware and it was assigned ip address ...44 even though ...46 was reserved for it. I installed the new firmware and then restarted the camera again and it received the correct IP address ...46! I restarted it again to make sure and it received the correct IP again so looks like it's fixed to me. Hopefully you roll this out to a stable firmware soon as I'd prefer not to be on a beta firmware for long. Thanks.
Options
Related Articles