EAP620 Adoption times out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP620 Adoption times out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:EAP620 Adoption times out
2022-01-23 15:49:52

@dddny 

Ok, I think we have gone through the checklist, there are communication problems, then the firewall and java client are left, I would stop the controller and install java again, check that java has access to private networks on EAP controller. if it does not work then it is a support case for tp-link

Options
2022-01-25 04:05:00 - last edited 2022-01-25 04:05:40

Dear @dddny,

Was the EAP Adoption issue resolved finally?

Omada Controller v5 communicates with Omada EAP (whose firmware is fully adapted to controller v5) via TCP port 29814.

If you have tried disabling the anti-virus program or firewalls on the PC (that the Omada Software Controller is installed) in your network, but the EAP still cannot be adopted, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

Please feel free to let me know if I can be of any further help here.
>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-25 04:55:57
Hi Fae, I ended up provisioning a new controller and the AP's were able to be adopted by the new controller. The new controller is on the same Hyper Visor host as the previous one so I am still unsure why the adoptions were timing out. The AP's were originally working on the original controller but stopped adopting after I did a clean install of 5.0.30
Options