Connecting to n-devs-smb.tplinkcloud.com AND n-deventry-smb.tplinkcloud.com - UNACCEPTABLE

Connecting to n-devs-smb.tplinkcloud.com AND n-deventry-smb.tplinkcloud.com - UNACCEPTABLE

48 Reply
Re:Connecting to n-devs-smb.tplinkcloud.com AND n-deventry-smb.tplinkcloud.com - UNACCEPTABLE
2022-02-03 09:54:39

@mehmeh Yeah GDPR was the wrong wordyes

Options
Re:Connecting to n-devs-smb.tplinkcloud.com AND n-deventry-smb.tplinkcloud.com - UNACCEPTABLE
2022-02-07 14:03:39

@Fae 

Can you see if this behaviour can be disabled for those of us who do not use cloud features.

This is filling up my firewall logs and has become the top offender, something it shouldn't be and is worse than a insecure home cam phoning home to mothership China!

Thank you

Options
2022-02-09 08:13:32 - last edited 2022-02-09 08:13:43

Dear @Pugs,

Pugs wrote

Can you see if this behaviour can be disabled for those of us who do not use cloud features.

This is filling up my firewall logs and has become the top offender, something it shouldn't be and is worse than a insecure home cam phoning home to mothership China!

Upon this thread, I know that you have the following Omada devices.

OC200 v1 Firmware Version: 1.9.3 Build 20210914 Rel. 39903

EAP245 V3 Firmware Version: 5.0.4 Build 20211021 Rel. 57494

Except for the devices above, do you have any other Omada devices in the network?

If yes, may I know the model number and firmware version?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-09 08:32:56

@Fae 

why would it matter which devices are used ?  are you look at a tailormade solution to only remove it in the devices that are used by pugs ?

or omada devices in general ? 

I have switches , router , etc.... 

Options
2022-02-14 09:12:41

@Pugs 

Your "top block domains" look like pi-hole ad blocks? If so, I'd like to say I am frustrated about the ad-block update rules, I need to manually add lots of sites to my white list. I browser some Quora alike sites and its rules blocking them. When I finished adding rule update URLs, I know I am being lazy and did not scrutinize every URL and rule, but some sites are friendly fired. Some rules are simply blocking unknown sites or some URLs that involve certain words. Pi-hole's amazing, I love it. But, gotta take the bad with the good. No rule is perfect and kills all the ads. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2022-02-14 11:30:12

@Fae Hi, yes I have a 

EAP225(EU) V3.0 on V 5.0.7

EAP245(EU) V3.0 on V 5.0.4

OC200 V1 ON V4.4.6, FW 1.9.3

Options
2022-02-14 11:34:12 - last edited 2022-02-14 11:36:05

@Tedd404 Nope its Adguard running on OPNSense.

Nothing to do with adverts, its being blocked (and conveniently seen via Adguard for the purpose of this exercise) because it shouldn't be making the connection since I'm not signed up to anything cloud based and therefore it shouldn't be 'phoning home'. If you use cloud then yes, your choice and you take your chances with your network, likewise if you don't use the cloud then it should not connect to those sites without warrant.

Options
2022-02-23 09:26:13

@Fae 

Any update on this please?

Options
2022-02-27 09:05:16 - last edited 2023-03-21 03:06:55

Dear @Pugs,

Pugs wrote

Any update on this please?

Sorry for the delayed response as it takes some time to confirm the information.

Regarding the concern that Omada devices have the behavior of connecting to the tplinkcloud esp when you don't use TP-Link cloud services, here is what happened:

In order to cooperate with the Omada Cloud-Based Controller to achieve Zero-Touch Provisioning, Omada devices will connect to the tplinkcloud by default. Meanwhile, to know their activation status for future overall maintenance, Omada devices will periodically connect to the tplinkcloud. But TP-Link can guarantee that we do not upload any user data during this process.

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused by this behavior. Your feedback has been reported to the relevant departments for further evaluation. Now it's confirmed that TP-Link will add an option to disable the behavior in the next firmware that adapts to SDN Controller v5.2, so as to satisfy your demand for completely disconnecting devices from the cloud.

Kind note: this post will be actively updated once there is a new Controller firmware available, welcome to subscribe~

Thanks so much for your great cooperation and patience. Hope you could enjoy the Internet with TP-Link products!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-03-10 15:48:03
Thank you, look forward to the update
Options