Connecting to n-devs-smb.tplinkcloud.com AND n-deventry-smb.tplinkcloud.com - UNACCEPTABLE

Connecting to n-devs-smb.tplinkcloud.com AND n-deventry-smb.tplinkcloud.com - UNACCEPTABLE

48 Reply
Re:Connecting to n-devs-smb.tplinkcloud.com AND n-deventry-smb.tplinkcloud.com - UNACCEPTABLE
2022-04-22 07:50:20

@Fae Hi, any update at all please?

Options
Re:Connecting to n-devs-smb.tplinkcloud.com AND n-deventry-smb.tplinkcloud.com - UNACCEPTABLE
2022-04-22 09:44:30

Dear @Pugs,

Pugs wrote

@Fae Hi, any update at all please?

Omada Software Controller v5.2.4 is for trial now, which has added the button to disable cloud-connection behavior of Omada Devices. But it requires to upgrading the Omada devices to the adapted firmware, as far as I know, the EAP firmware adapted to controller v5.2 hasn't been ready for release yet. We may need to wait for the EAP firmware update.

Omada Software Controller_v5.2.4 For Trial (Beta Edition)

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-22 09:59:38

@Fae 

is it already know if the full omada devices will get a FW update to be able to disable this phone home ? 

or will there be a time table, now these , now these etc.....

Its just to be able to keep track of all my devices which I need to update for this 

Options
2022-04-24 14:04:10 - last edited 2022-04-24 14:05:02

@Pugs 

Thx for that thread. Just searched my Pi Hole and also found several domains!

n-smb-api.tplinkcloud.com

n-euw1-device-api.tplinkcloud.com

n-use1-device-api.tplinkcloud.com

This didn't happen a while ago.

Seems that TP Link did change something within controller settings?

As you said - this is a 'No Go'!

@Fae :

Any update/statement on this?
I'm using an locally hosted controller (linux machine) with EAP610 Outdoor, EAP225v3 Outdoor, EAP660HD 

EDIT: For clarification > I do not use any beta/trial version - only final firmware/final controller software!

Options
2022-04-24 19:25:03 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:35:05

EDIT

Options
2022-05-03 03:43:36

@Fae @Hank21 

Any news from your side? When will be the new controller version released?

Options
2022-05-06 08:37:50 - last edited 2022-05-06 08:51:27

@btx  Yeah, said further up thread that it was the wrong terminology to use i.e. GDPR. Just ignore that part. The issues is the phoning home when people want to isolate their devices from the internet and have a secure environment, after all, these aren't or shouldn't be insecure IoT devices, they are business products.

I'm a great advocate of privacy on the web, compartmentalize my personal life from business and don't use social media, except a tube account and even then its not linked to my personal life, so the unscrupulous big players don't get owt from me for free. Even the phone uses CalyxOS. If they want my data, they can frickin pay me for the use of it..lol. Worse still some of theses companies have say 200 affiliated third party companies they sell your data to,. Now exponentially multiple that what those third parties do with your data. Yeah, probably ends up on the dark web being sold. So by its very nature they are fueling the fire.

Best thing is the right browser (defo not Chrome\Edge), the right extensions, never use your name, FOSS emails used along with something like simplelogin. No social media, FOSS OS and a good VPN. However, back to the point, these shouldn't be phoning home if you haven't opted in

Options
2022-05-07 10:55:36 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:34:54

EDIT

Options
2022-06-01 07:20:24

v5.0.5 is out for the EAP265 which doesn't fix the problem. I've downgraded to 5.0.3 to stop this incessant phone-home behaviour.

The other thing I've noticed that drives me nuts is the APs always trying to get to external NTP servers when it's configured for perfectly functioning internal servers.

Annoying, unwarranted and frankly a bit amateur hour.

Options
2022-06-10 17:41:53 - last edited 2022-06-10 17:43:09

@Brad_C  Agreed

Options
Related Articles