We’re excited to announce the official launch of EAP610-Outdoor here!
EAP610-Outdoor is the first Omada Outdoor Wi-Fi 6 Access Point. It delivers Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1.8 Gbps through Wi-Fi 6, boasting 52% faster speeds than similar Wi-Fi 5 access points. EAP610-Outdoor is ideal for use around outdoor swimming pools, amusement parks, outdoor café, barns, and sheds. Let's read on to learn more about this new product!
1. Product Overview
- Superior Wi-Fi 6 Speeds:
Delivers Dual-band Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1.8 Gbps (574 Mbps on 2.4 GHz + 1201 Mbps on 5 GHz)*
- Stay Smooth with Fast Roaming:
Users can enjoy seamless streaming across the property with their devices switching effortlessly between access points**
- Omada Mesh Technology:
Enables wireless connectivity between access points to extend the Wi-Fi signal further**
- Centralized Cloud Management:
Integrates into Omada SDN for cloud access and remote management.
- IP67 Weatherproof Enclosure:
Resists dust, shock, vibration, and moisture, withstanding the most extreme environments.
- Easy and Flexible Installation:
Supports standard 802.3at PoE+ and Passive PoE, Pole and wall mounting kits offer flexible installation.
*The Wi-Fi speeds here are the maximum physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications.
**Fast Roaming and Omada Mesh features require the use of Omada SDN controllers.
2. Hardware Feature
(1) Appearance Overview
Compared with EAP225-Outdoor, the EAP610-Outdoor adopts Built-in Antennas, which greatly improved the waterproof performance. Besides, the EAP610-Outdoor is equipped with a Grounding Terminal to prevent damage by a lightning strike.
(2) Waterproof Kit Overview
For more details about the Waterproof Kit Installation, please refer to the video below:
(3) IP67 Weatherproof Enclosure
Compared to EAP225-Outdoor, the EAP610-Outdoor adopts IP67 rated enclosure, which offers much more substantial protection against dust and liquid ingress, withstanding the most extreme environments. In addition, EAP610-Outdoor supports 6 KV Lightning Protection and 15 KV ESD Protection.
3. Performance Parameters
(1) Comparison to Previous Generation
(2) Comparison to Competitive Product
The chart shown above is based on the test results in the same outdoor scenario:
- On the 2.4GHz band, in the Tx direction, the EAP610-Outdoor has a clear advantage, in the Rx direction, the EAP610-Outdoor has an advantage in the near point, and the far point performance is comparable to that of the competitive product.
- On the 5GHz band, in both Tx and Rx direction, the EAP610-Outdoor has a clear advantage in the near point, and the far point performance is comparable to that of the competitive product.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What are requirements for the power supply of the EAP610-Outdoor?
- EAP610-Outdoor supports Mode A standard 802.3 at PoE power supply, which employs 1/2(+), 3/6(-) for cable pins sequence.
- EAP610-Outdoor also supports 48 V passive PoE power supply, which should employ 4/5(+), 7/8(-) for cable pins sequence.
Q2. Is the passive PoE adaptor also IP67 Weatherproof?
No. When deploy the EAP610-Outdoor, please make sure that the passive PoE adaptor is at indoor environment.
Q3. Can EAP610-Outdoor work together with 802.11ac EAP in a Mesh topology?
Yes, and the EAP610-Outdoor can be either Root EAP or Mesh EAP. If the uplink EAP is an 802.11ac EAP, the EAP610-Outroor will work in 802.11ac mode.