EAP610-Outdoor, the first Omada Outdoor Wi-Fi 6 Access Point.

2022-01-26 04:08:25 - last edited 2022-10-28 02:01:04

Hi Everyone,

We’re excited to announce the official launch of EAP610-Outdoor here!

EAP610-Outdoor is the first Omada Outdoor Wi-Fi 6 Access Point. It delivers Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1.8 Gbps through Wi-Fi 6, boasting 52% faster speeds than similar Wi-Fi 5 access points. EAP610-Outdoor is ideal for use around outdoor swimming pools, amusement parks, outdoor café, barns, and sheds. Let's read on to learn more about this new product!

1. Product Overview

• Superior Wi-Fi 6 Speeds:

Delivers Dual-band Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1.8 Gbps (574 Mbps on 2.4 GHz + 1201 Mbps on 5 GHz)*

• Stay Smooth with Fast Roaming:

Users can enjoy seamless streaming across the property with their devices switching effortlessly between access points**

• Omada Mesh Technology:

Enables wireless connectivity between access points to extend the Wi-Fi signal further**

• Centralized Cloud Management:

Integrates into Omada SDN for cloud access and remote management.

• IP67 Weatherproof Enclosure:

Resists dust, shock, vibration, and moisture, withstanding the most extreme environments.

• Easy and Flexible Installation:

Supports standard 802.3at PoE+ and Passive PoE, Pole and wall mounting kits offer flexible installation.

*The Wi-Fi speeds here are the maximum physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications.

**Fast Roaming and Omada Mesh features require the use of Omada SDN controllers.

2. Hardware Feature

(1) Appearance Overview

Compared with EAP225-Outdoor, the EAP610-Outdoor adopts Built-in Antennas, which greatly improved the waterproof performance. Besides, the EAP610-Outdoor is equipped with a Grounding Terminal to prevent damage by a lightning strike.

(2) Waterproof Kit Overview

For more details about the Waterproof Kit Installation, please refer to the video below:

https://youtu.be/2_QSCUJqNjk

(3) IP67 Weatherproof Enclosure

Compared to EAP225-Outdoor, the EAP610-Outdoor adopts IP67 rated enclosure, which offers much more substantial protection against dust and liquid ingress, withstanding the most extreme environments. In addition, EAP610-Outdoor supports 6 KV Lightning Protection and 15 KV ESD Protection.

3. Performance Parameters

(1) Comparison to Previous Generation

Hardware Comparison

Software Comparison

(2) Comparison to Competitive Product

Hardware Comparison

Throughput Comparison

The chart shown above is based on the test results in the same outdoor scenario:

• On the 2.4GHz band, in the Tx direction, the EAP610-Outdoor has a clear advantage, in the Rx direction, the EAP610-Outdoor has an advantage in the near point, and the far point performance is comparable to that of the competitive product.
  • On the 5GHz band, in both Tx and Rx direction, the EAP610-Outdoor has a clear advantage in the near point, and the far point performance is comparable to that of the competitive product.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1. What are requirements for the power supply of the EAP610-Outdoor?

• EAP610-Outdoor supports Mode A standard 802.3 at PoE power supply, which employs 1/2(+), 3/6(-) for cable pins sequence.
  • EAP610-Outdoor also supports 48 V passive PoE power supply, which should employ 4/5(+), 7/8(-) for cable pins sequence.

Q2. Is the passive PoE adaptor also IP67 Weatherproof?

No. When deploy the EAP610-Outdoor, please make sure that the passive PoE adaptor is at indoor environment.

Q3. Can EAP610-Outdoor work together with 802.11ac EAP in a Mesh topology?

Yes, and the EAP610-Outdoor can be either Root EAP or Mesh EAP. If the uplink EAP is an 802.11ac EAP, the EAP610-Outroor will work in 802.11ac mode.

2022 TP-Link Wi-Fi 7 Product Launch Event | Watch the Replay at https://www.tp-link.com/us/wifi7/event/.
Options
55 Reply
Re:EAP610-Outdoor, the first Omada Outdoor Wi-Fi 6 Access Point.
2022-01-27 00:56:39

Is there a radiation pattern published anywhere?

Options
2022-02-01 16:14:06

@Fae are these actually for sale now?   

I looked on Amazon and a few other places and am still seeing nothing .

Rick

Options
2022-02-08 07:33:16

Dear @rickk1000,

rickk1000 wrote

@Fae are these actually for sale now?   
I looked on Amazon and a few other places and am still seeing nothing .

The EAP610-Outdoor has been shipped, which might take a period of time before its arrival in the stores for sale.

2022 TP-Link Wi-Fi 7 Product Launch Event | Watch the Replay at https://www.tp-link.com/us/wifi7/event/.
Options
2022-02-12 13:21:07

@Fae When can we see it in Japan? We need many...

Options
2022-02-14 16:17:44 - last edited 2022-02-14 16:23:37

@Fae  

I just checked the TP-Link store on Amazon.  No hint of them being available.   Same for Newegg.  A Google search shows none available anywhere. One web site even says it is discontinued by the manufacturer.

I recently received an email from Alex Varelas at TP-Link who says they won't actually be available until June of this year.

Can you possibly point me in the direction of a USA supplier that actually has some in inventory ?

Options
2022-02-15 01:38:48

Dear @rickk1000,

rickk1000 wrote

I just checked the TP-Link store on Amazon.  No hint of them being available.   Same for Newegg.  A Google search shows none available anywhere. One web site even says it is discontinued by the manufacturer.

I recently received an email from Alex Varelas at TP-Link who says they won't actually be available until June of this year.

Can you possibly point me in the direction of a USA supplier that actually has some in inventory ?

This thread is mainly aimed to introduce the features of the new product. I'm afraid that I don't have much detailed sales information for you.

Different region may have different sales strategy, you may contact the local agent for the actual arrival and sales status of EAP610-Outdoor.

Options
2022-03-09 11:55:18

@rickk1000 a month has passed and I am still seeing none of these for sale anywhere in the world.

Has anyone found a source with these in stock yet ?

I am reaching a deadline for starting a deployment in a 30 acre facility .  I hate to change course and switch to UI at this point but these things were first press released 15 months ago and still they don't seem to exist . 

Options
2022-03-09 16:09:30

@Rickk10000 According to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci_VOQ_TFXs&t=3035s which is Dutch, so I assume this might be European schedule, it says Q2, so sometime after April.

Options
2022-03-19 06:30:46

What is the AP radiation pattern of the antenna?

Options
2022-03-22 19:49:11

@bst00  Being WFi 6... in theory the pattern would be dynamic ... at least in the horizontal plane

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5451

Replies: 57

Related Articles