Omada Controller_v5.1.6_Windows For Trial (Beta Edition) - [Closed on 23 May 2022]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada Controller_v5.1.6_Windows For Trial (Beta Edition) - [Closed on 23 May 2022]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-10 10:34:48 - last edited 2023-06-13 03:08:23

Updated on 23 May 2022: 

So far, Omada Controller v5.1 has been officially released,

Check this thread for details if you haven't noticed this update yet.

Most of Omada EAP devices have released official firmware to support PPSK function.

Please check for updates via cloud or via the TP-Link Official Website manually.

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback as always!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated on 28 February:

Add the beta firmware of EAP245 v3 and EAP620HD v1 which are adapted to Omada Controller v5.1.

Kind Note:

Omada Controller v5.1.7 Windows has been released on 25 February. If you would like to test more with the EAP beta firmware, please install the Controller v5.1.7 (Windows) instead.

There is no other Controller version for test yet, this post will be actively updated if more test firmware is available.

We appreciate your attention on this topic, welcome to comment below with your real feedback on this trial.

Any other feedback about the Omada SDN solution, welcome to start a new thread from Here.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and understanding!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone,

We are excited to announce that we now have the Beta firmware of Omada Controller v5.1.6 (Windows) for trial!

The Purpose Of The Beta Firmware

We hope to offer you with a chance to experience the new features added in the Controller v5.1 in advance, and also give us TP-Link the opportunity to fully test the firmware in your real network environment and scenarios before the official release.

Please be sure you have read the Beta Test Agreement before upgrading the Beta firmware!

The Main Features To Tests

1. Heatmap

Go to Map -> Map, import your map, edit your map scale, place EAPs, then simulate.

2.  Private Pre-Shared Key (PPSK) - it requires upgrading the EAP to the adapted firmware.

For “PPSK without RADIUS”, you can create PPSK profiles (Settings -- Profiles -- PPSK).

3. the Report page

Try to view, export and email network reports.

4. Facebook Wi-Fi 2.0 - it requires upgrading the EAP to the adapted firmware.

Go to Settings -> Authentication -> Portal to configure the Facebook Wi-Fi 2.0.

5. Upgrade Schedule

Go to Settings -> Services to configure the Upgrade Schedule.

6. IPTV - it requires upgrading your ER605/ER7206 to version 1.2.0.

Go to Settings –> Services -> IPTV to configure it.

7. Connect FTP/TFTP/SFTP/SCP file servers for backup and restore

Go to Settings –> Maintenance –> Backup & Restore

For more detailed Release Note, please check the attached documentation at the end.

Download Link For Beta

Omada_SDN_Controller_5.1.6_Windows (Beta)

Kind Note:

Omada Controller v5.1.7 Windows has been officially released on 25 February.

Check this thread for details if you haven't noticed this update yet.

There is no other Controller version for test yet, this post will be actively updated if more test firmware is available.

Omada EAP:

EAP620HD V1_1.1.0 Beta Firmware (Fully Adapted to Omada Controller v5.5)

EAP660HD(EU)_v1_1.1.1_Build 20220209 (Beta)

EAP660HD(US)_v1_1.1.1_Build 20220209 (Beta)

EAP225(EU)_v3_5.0.8_Build 20220209 (Beta)

EAP225(US)_v3_5.0.8_Build 20220209 (Beta)

EAP245(EU)_v3_5.0.5_Build 20220224 (Beta)

EAP245(US)_v3_5.0.5_Build 20220224 (Beta)

EAP225-Outdoor(EU)_v1_5.0.8_Build 20220209 (Beta)

EAP225-Outdoor(US)_v1_5.0.8_Build 20220209 (Beta)

Most of Omada EAP devices have released official firmware to support PPSK function.

Please check for updates via cloud or via the TP-Link Official Website manually.

Omada Gateway (official version):

ER605(UN)_V1_1.2.0 Build 20220114  Release Note >

ER7206(UN)_V1_1.2.0 Build 20220117  Release Note >

Kind Notes:
1. Cloud Access is unavailable for the Beta Controller 5.1.6.

2. We strongly suggest you save the backup file before upgrading.

3. To revert to the previous Controller version from this Beta firmware, you must completely uninstall it.

Any further feedback on the new firmware, please feel free to comment below.

When reporting an issue, especially it's about firmware upgrade, it's suggested to include the following info:

-- Omada Controller version (previous and current)

-- Device Model(s) and Hardware

-- Device Firmware (previous and current)

Note: if you decide to downgrade the firmware before sending feedback to us, we recommend you save a copy of the current Log file* and Backup Config file** before you do that, which might be helpful to address the issue you suffered from the new firmware.

* The Log file of Controller can be exported under Settings -> Services -> Export Data -> Running Log.

** The Backup Config file of Controller can be exported under Settings -> Maintenance via local access.

Thank you in advance for your great cooperation and support!

We look forward to hearing from your real and valued feedback here!

File:
Release_Note_For_Omada Controller v5.1.6_Window (Beta Edition).pdfDownload
>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
32 Reply
Re:Omada Controller_v5.1.6_Windows For Trial (Beta Edition)
2022-02-11 09:48:40 - last edited 2022-02-11 09:56:22

@Fae 

It is good that there will be a public beta before release, then we know at least that it is a beta we are dealing with. I have not had time to test that much but so far it looks better than most other non-beta that has been released before.

2.  Private Pre-Shared Key (PPSK) - it requires upgrading the EAP to the adapted firmware.

For “PPSK without RADIUS”, you can create PPSK profiles (Settings -- Profiles -- PPSK).

Really Really nice, this is the most amazing thing i have seen in a long time, and it work 

7. Connect FTP/TFTP/SFTP/SCP file servers for backup and restore

TFTP work, SCP not. missing password field. 

to do more test pls add firmware for EAP245v3 EAP620HDv1

Options
2022-02-11 10:58:00

@Fae 

Pls, fix the download link for EAP EU all.

Thanks

Options
2022-02-11 11:30:47

Dear @shberge,

shberge wrote

2.  Private Pre-Shared Key (PPSK) - it requires upgrading the EAP to the adapted firmware.

Really Really nice, this is the most amazing thing i have seen in a long time, and it work 

7. Connect FTP/TFTP/SFTP/SCP file servers for backup and restore

TFTP work, SCP not. missing password field. 

to do more test pls add firmware for EAP245v3 EAP620HDv1

Thank you for your valued feedback!

SCP missing password field has been reported to the R&D team for checking.

Since there are many EAP models, we may not provide all EAPs firmware for the trial. Hope you understand.

But I'll still check for you and confirm whether the EAP245 v3 or EAP620HD v1 is available for the trial.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-11 11:33:47

Dear @Emitplink,

Emitplink wrote

Pls, fix the download link for EAP EU all.

Thank you for your kind feedback. The download link has been fixed.

Options
2022-02-12 09:05:55
Hello, I use the OC300 Controller, will there Release an Beta Firmware with Controller 5.1.x soon, for this controller? Im very interessted for some new Feature like IPTV or Preshared key.
Options
2022-02-12 19:24:24

@Fae in case EAP-610 US or EAP-615 US wall are available the beta firmware that would be great to share for further testing.

Options
2022-02-18 20:50:46

@Fae Are there any plans to release a Linux version of the 5.1.6 Omada Controller beta? I'd be very interested in testing this out, but I do not have a dedicated Windows machine to use for testing.

Options
2022-02-20 13:05:43

@Fae agree with previous comment, if possible, please include linux beta versions. So far I tested this latest build on a win testmachine, but only basic things, where import of settings worked as well as all eap225-outdoor get connected, for proper wifi, router and switch testing I would need to upgrade all eap's, so far I tested only eap225-outdoor. Sadly I can not test it on a network with many clients and devices as there only linux version runs. Is there anywhere a regulary updated list of known bugs/issues/roadmaps?

Options
2022-02-22 00:01:29

@Fae 

seriously ? facebook wifi? is that what you guys waste time with?

how about wireguard and maybe something that is useful for office use ...like wireguard

i'm sure some home users and store fronts will be using it but it is certainly not a professional/business feature that is immideately needed

time would have been spend a lot better on other much needed features like mdns and again wireguard and maybe fixing DHCP on the wan side so it actually changes the ip if modem changes ip's instead of just beeing stuck with it till reboot

Options
2022-02-22 00:57:45

@zombu2 many rightfully request wireguard, I am not excluded, however, taken in mind that most if not all devices run on kernel 3, there will troubles and performance issues even if they manage to integrate it with kernel 3, I've asked which kernel version is used for eap610-outdoor but got no reply, I doubt it is 5, but even 4 could work fine with taking a little bit more storage space which is quite restricted. tp-link has first to upgrade firmware for ability to use all advantages of wireguard I guess this could turn problematic with the result that there will be no wireguard for some time, makes it kinda obsolete to hope for that, at least for me. Omada router are anyway way weaker than generally available soc boards, I also do not want to to overheat my router by running vpn on it, instead on a soc board, but I would love to have ability to manage wireguard clients and keys including downloading config for a client per button and showing qr code, of course some monitor overwiev. All of that gets then too big to be on a router, probably too big to be on oc200 or above too, but for omada controller software storage space is not an issue at all. Next to wireguard, I miss ability to run own commands and schedule them (cron is the most simple version of it), on other side dynamic dns could be also resolved easily as example with curl, one needs just a path to the binary and additional commands field, that is all and would make life of many easier, maybe there would be then less motivation to buy oc200, where on oc200 there is usb stick and actually compiling for that architecture and copying files to usb should make it possible not to lose them after reboot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 8093

Replies: 32