Unstable Internet Connection with VPN Client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unstable Internet Connection with VPN Client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
43 Reply
Re:Unstable Internet Connection with VPN Client
2022-03-24 08:48:11

@Libik 

There is the same in standalone, so VPN problem is router problem not Omada SDN Problem., 

I found it strange Tp-Link does not prioritize this on a router that they market as a VPN router. had I used this router with my customers, I would have had some very dissatisfied customers. I will most likely lose some customers as well.

It's a shame that it should be like this, WiFi and the Switches for Tp-Link are absolutely fantastic, so they destroy the entire SDN system with an absolutely terrible router.

Do you not agree @Fae ?

Are there any plans to get routers out of beta and into production soon?

Options
2022-03-28 15:22:58 - last edited 2022-04-04 18:23:24

@shberge I totally agree with you. I am really satisfied with WiFi products. Just stable IPSec VPN client and I will be completely satisfied with omada products. I am opened and willing to help developers to fix VPN issues and I think that you to. Maybe time will come (and this does not take long) and tplink omada routers could really be named as VPN routers

Options
2022-04-04 18:24:39
Any news regarding this topic @Fae and @Hank21 ???
Options
2022-04-05 05:37:38

@Libik 

Please reply to the email case which is followed by the senior engineer now. At this time, I do not have further information over this issue. Thanks.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-22 11:27:31

@Libik 

i got new router software from tp-link today, it looks like the VPN issue is fixed. have you received this

Options
2022-04-23 06:25:25

@shberge 

No I do not get any information about fixing issue. Which version and type did you get? You are getting this router under warranty?

Options
2022-04-23 09:41:28 - last edited 2022-04-23 09:52:07

@Libik 

I not get new router but new software smiley

I sendt you a PM with link to the download.

Nice if your problem is fixed to.

Options
2022-04-24 09:37:35 - last edited 2022-04-24 11:10:30

@shberge 

I see now, I have read badly:-( I have also recieved this beta FW but it does not help me. I am still suffering from each hour disconnections. I am using Omada SDN 5.2.4 Beta Linux x64 under Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Server

Options
2022-04-24 10:04:44

@Libik 

sorry to hear this, after some testing it seems like it has fixed the problem I had, but have not tested so much yet.
you must not give up, push tp-link until it is fixed :-)

they still have some VPN issues to deal with. so this is probably a little step in all the VPN issue they have, or we as customers have to smiley

Options
2022-04-24 10:42:31

@shberge 

Already replied to TP-Link. I would really like to buy better router with greater IPSec speeds (for example ER7206) but it does not make any sense until TP-Link fix these VPN problems. Maybe I will buy router from different manufacturer because if it takes too long to fix this issue.

Options
Related Articles