ER605 ER7206 - “Use Fixed IP Address” (DHCP Reservation) Doesn't Take Effect. [Thread Closed]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 ER7206 - “Use Fixed IP Address” (DHCP Reservation) Doesn't Take Effect. [Thread Closed]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
57 Reply
Re:ER605 ER7206 - “Use Fixed IP Address” (DHCP Reservation) Doesn't Take Effect
2022-04-06 21:56:18

@Fae 

solved it for the cameras (vlan2) but did NOT solve it for the Unraid server (vlan3), it always gets dynamic IP what ever I set. 

Options
2022-04-07 04:05:06

Dear @DontAskMe,

DontAskMe wrote

solved it for the cameras (vlan2) but did NOT solve it for the Unraid server (vlan3), it always gets dynamic IP what ever I set. 

Thank you for your valued feedback! Could you please add more details about the issue that the Unraid server always gets dynamic IP? I'll follow up with your case in this post.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-11 14:04:16 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:38:44

EDIT

Options
2022-04-13 02:11:08

Dear @btx,

btx wrote

@fae I am only today on this location (it is 600km away from my home) and if you have any suggestions or some new beta which I could test, then I could do it only today. It is not really critical, the company where it runs is ok with it as long as all other devices work, but they feel very uncomfortable running beta's. I have no remote access to the company, I will get it, but probably it will take few days, however, I do not feel comfortable to upgrade and downgrade omada and er605 over remote, as if anything goes wrong, company will be cut off the internet. Could you try to reproduce steps above?

EDIT: for some reason, steps above messed up dns configuration, I've fixed it by resetting router and setting up new omada controller. Reproducing steps above resulted yesterday in no error.

Sorry for my delayed response. Beta firmware is mainly used to fix a certain issue quickly, I'm afraid that I don't have other new beta for the issue you described above.

And thank you for your kind update on the case, glad to hear that you've fixed it finally. It's suggested to save the current backup config file in case you have to restore the configuration in the future. If there is anything new came up, welcome to let us know.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-27 20:55:51 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:38:53

EDIT

Options
2022-04-27 21:47:45

From this thread for me it's not clear if this bug has caused only the IP reservation not taking effect or the router itself becoming unaccessable after the firmware update to v1.2.0 official firmware? ...as it happened in my case.

Options
2022-04-27 22:11:28 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:39:01

EDIT

Options
2022-04-28 02:40:41 - last edited 2023-01-30 07:16:32

Dear @Arion,

Arion wrote

From this thread for me it's not clear if this bug has caused only the IP reservation not taking effect or the router itself becoming unaccessable after the firmware update to v1.2.0 official firmware? ...as it happened in my case.

Your case is a different issue, it has nothing to do with the DHCP reservation issue described here. I'll give more details in your previous post (link).

Back to this solution post, I'd like to add that the main cause of the issue is related to the way how the wireless clients handle the ICMP request from the DHCP server. The Beta firmware only did a modification to adapt to the behavior of those wireless clients.

In addition, you may notice the start of this thread saying that this article applies to ER605 / ER7206 1.2.0 and earlier firmware. Also, it only describes the issue of the DHCP reservation, whose phenomenon is that clients consistently gets a different address after restart. Basically, if the issue you have only exists on a specific firmware, or it doesn't match the Issue Description/Phenomenon given in this thread, then it's probably that this solution post is not for your case.

Thank you for your attention!

Options
2022-05-08 01:52:08

@Fae Any idea when the non beta version will come out for this?

Options
2022-07-27 07:33:06 - last edited 2023-01-30 07:13:37

Hi there,

Here is an update on the DHCP Reservation issue, please have a check. Thank you for your attention!

Updated on July 27, 2022:

With the release of the 1.2.1 firmware, we received some feedback that the DHCP Reservation stops taking effect after upgrading to the 1.2.1 firmware, while reverting to 1.2.0 firmware doesn't have the issue.

For example, you've reserved a fixed IP 192.168.0.150 for some clients (including IOT clients, PC, Printer, etc.), most of them would obtain the reserved IP addresses, but some of them wouldn't. The impacted clients may obtain the reserved IP addresses after several reboots on the clients and the router, but after running for some time, the problem occurs again.

After further troubleshooting and investigation with our community members @PapyPom, @Riverfront, @Skeidinho, (thank you all so much for your great cooperation!), the R&D team has finally addressed the issue.

Options