Omada Software Controller_v5.2.4 For Trial (Beta Edition) - Closed on 7 May 2022

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada Software Controller_v5.2.4 For Trial (Beta Edition) - Closed on 7 May 2022

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
28 Reply
Re:Omada Software Controller_v5.2.4 For Trial (Beta Edition)
2022-04-06 20:21:29 - last edited 2022-04-06 20:22:25

@Fae Thank you for the updates. Are there any updates on when 5.1 will be available on the OC 200/300?

Options
2022-04-18 20:41:01 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:35:59

EDIT

Options
2022-04-19 03:51:58

Dear @NicholasA,

NicholasA wrote

Thank you for the updates. Are there any updates on when 5.1 will be available on the OC 200/300?

OC200 v5.1.7 has been released last Friday, you may check this post for an update.

OC300 v5.1 was found to have some issues before release, so it's delayed and will be released once the issues are resolved.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-19 04:01:53

Dear @MatthiasLoi,

MatthiasLoi wrote

@Fae I would be happy if the possibility to connect to OpenVPN with username and password authentification could be implemented until release.

It was announced to be available in 5.2. version by TP-Link Suppport.

Nevertheless - so far the BETA is working for me.

Thank you for your valued feedback!

I'm also waiting to see the implement of OpenVPN with username and password on controller v5.2.

However, I didn't see this added in the release note of controller v5.2 yet. So we may need to wait for the next version.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-19 06:10:40

Dear @btx,

btx wrote

I've experienced strange issue, telling me that log space is full, therefore it raises a question: What is the max size of logs for omada controller? Where can I check what "full" means? Controller has more than enough space for quite some time, meaning that device is not out of space, here is root info:

Another question of full log would be, what happens when the log is full, no further entries are created?

I am also aware that one can set notifications and if it is too much for one, some can be disabled (like DFS changing channels, I had hunderds of errors before disabling). If one can enable/disable notifications and there is enough free space on omada controllers running on pc's, could you please add a field where one sets custom max. size of logs like in MB/GB?

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

The FAQ below explains why you get the alert and how to handle it.

What to do if you get an alert of “The number of logs is up to the limit”

About the kernel, do you find any security issues with any omada devices, or what's your main concern?

To submit a security-related inquiry regarding TP-Link products, welcome to Contact TP-Link Technical Support.

BTW, this thread is mainly to collect feedback on the Controller v5.2.4 Beta. For other off-topic issues, it's highly recommended to Start a New Thread with more detailed information, so we can discuss further and try to help.

Options
2022-04-19 12:56:35 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:36:09

EDIT

Options
2022-04-19 18:09:08

@Fae How can i be included in the BETA testing?

Options
2022-04-22 07:45:47

@Fae 

thanks for the beta-version. I just installed it to test the features of the hotspot voucher portal:

Coming from 3.x going trough v4.2.11 I migrated to 5.2.4 (beta). Seems to work this way but all the already created vouchers get "Client Duration" as default value. But for us it should be "Voucher Duration" - any ideas how to change that?

Options
2022-04-22 07:55:15

@Fae 

Has the WAN fail over issue been sorted out? 

To elaborate, er605 in standalone mode supports custom pings to detect WAN status. This works for failover if primary wan goes down. 

In omada managed mode, this option is not available and the default online detection fails to detect WAN outage on the primary for static IP wan setups 

Options
2022-04-22 10:52:13 - last edited 2022-04-22 10:54:35

Dear @indigo,

indigo wrote

thanks for the beta-version. I just installed it to test the features of the hotspot voucher portal:

Coming from 3.x going trough v4.2.11 I migrated to 5.2.4 (beta). Seems to work this way but all the already created vouchers get "Client Duration" as default value. But for us it should be "Voucher Duration" - any ideas how to change that?

Thank you for your valuable feedback. For "Client Duration", each new connected client using the same voucher code to get authenticated can have Internet access for a same duration time. While for "Voucher Duration", once the first client has used the voucher code to get authenticated, the duration countdown begins and the voucher code will be expired after the duration time is up no mater how late other clients get authenticated.

The previous controller version seems to adopt the "Client Duration" mechanism, so all your previously created vouchers get "Client Duration" as default value. Sorry that I don't find the option to change them to "Voucher Duration" either.

Options
Related Articles