Loss of segment

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Loss of segment

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Loss of segment
2022-05-05 19:41:25

@d0ugmac1 

The segment which is on the 2008P is my home which is separate from the business address. I have three ssid's on my EAP620. One is for my son. ( Parental filters applied) One is for my general home use and one is for me to work from home which is tagged. All are on separate vlan's and ssid's

Thanks again

Colin.

Options
2022-05-05 19:51:00

@xmtr34 

Okay, I have 3 SSIDs on my remote AP too, each with their own VLAN/subnet.  I treat the connection between the outdoor and indoor like an unmanaged switch (which is what you did when you Forgot your switch).  You should be able to replicated that by removing all Port Profiles on the 2008.  Your 620? AP will still tag traffic from each SSID, and because of the L2 nature of a switch, it will stuff those tagged packets into the ethernet port of the 225 which will duly punt them across the wireless link to the wired 225 which delivers them to the managed port of your local switch (at which point you can deal with VLAN isolation etc.).  I think you're very close to a workable solution.  At the very worst, you should be able to isolate two of your remote 2008P ports and restrict forwarding between them, so Isolate 3, forward only 4, Isolate 4, forward only 3.  This should keep them away from the managed portion of the switch and whatever that does to your setup that's breaking things...but mostly I suspect you are tagging packets on the AP ports when what you only need is a single untagged VLAN between them.  Make sense?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2022-05-05 19:56:53

@d0ugmac1 

That makes sense. I'll have to draw everything down on a sketchpad and try and make sense of it better that way. A job for tomorrow now I think. 

Thanks very much.

Colin.

Options
Re:Loss of segment-Solution
2022-05-20 00:53:42 - last edited 2022-05-20 00:53:55

@xmtr34 

I see there is a new firmware available for the EAP225- Outdoor which has fixed my issue. It enables me now to select the preferred access point to the EAP225-Outdoor at the remote end, so when my switch fails and everything reboots, it picks up the RF link not the switch as the network.

I don't know wether this was your input into this, but it has worked.

I can now keep my SG2008P managed and my remote EAP225 powered from the PoE of the switch.

Thanks 👍

Recommended Solution
Options