What ip should I use?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

What ip should I use?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
42 Reply
Re:What ip should I use?
2022-05-21 03:25:43

@ingeborgdot 

Was it the wired or the remote end (meshed) that couldn't be found?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2022-05-21 03:58:55

@d0ugmac1 it is wired. I won't pick it up. No mesh.

Options
2022-05-21 04:15:56

@ingeborgdot 

Verify the AP is powered, green led on right hand side.  Factory reset it, button is beside the ethernet port.   

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2022-05-21 05:45:24

@d0ugmac1 it is green for sure. Just like all the other ones. What is the procedure for a reset? I have stuck a clip in for 10 seconds. There was blinking etc.

Also, as I am waiting for the EAP to maybe be found, I have been going in and setting static ip addresses for some of my things.  I can't seem to get to the static ip of the switches.  I really want to set my switches with a static ip, but I don't find the option.

Options
2022-05-21 11:43:21

@ingeborgdot if you hold the reset for more than 5 seconds it will blink I think orange/green and that tells you its set to factory mode.  The controller should then see it and place it in pending mode.  From there you can adopt.  Once adopted you can modify to make it static from dhcp and whatever changes you need to make.  I had to do that yesterday.  I moved all my private stuff to its own VLAN and left all the Omada on the native VLAN or management VLAN.  But something got confused and I just easily did a factory reset/adopt to get it working again. 

If you go to devices and select the switch then when the side bar opens, you can go to config and inside there you will see the tab for ip addresses and you can take it off dhcp and make it static

Options
2022-05-21 12:46:20

@Fleegle61 There is no tab for ip addresses under config in devices.  There is for clients, but not devices.  There is General, VLAN interface, Static Route, Services, Manage Device.

As for the EAP, I have put in the clip held it till it did all the blinking.  I've held it for 5 seconds and tried, 10 seconds and tried, 15 seconds and tried, 20 seconds and tried.

When I put it on the system, nothing recognizes it.

Options
2022-05-21 12:51:08 - last edited 2022-05-21 12:51:39

@Fleegle61 I found it.  It is under VLAN interface, edit interface, IP Address Mode:

Options
2022-05-21 14:45:26

I still can't get the EAP225 to be discovered.  I'll keep trying. Maybe a Return to sender.

Options
2022-05-21 15:59:22

@ingeborgdot that seems odd.  If you do a factory reset and the AP is connected to the same subnet as the controller it should work, unless you moved the controller to another VLAN other than 1???

As I noted, I factory reset mine yesterday since the controller was stuck adopting.  After I did that and the controller timed out on the adopting, then it came up pending and from there once I started the adoption it just went to provisioning, configuring and then connected. 

Also check the POE port you are using to make sure that you have the "ALL" profiled checked just in case.  Maybe the controller canf see the AP if its not set to ALL.....

Options
2022-05-21 16:10:15

@Fleegle61 I only have 1 Vlan at this time. The Poe is set to all. The port shows it has Poe but it says link down. No matter where I put it, it says link down. I have tried 2 different Poe switches all with the same result.

Options