Routing Table Metrics or Load Balancing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-26 01:07:51
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20220117 Rel.74491

Hi, ive been tinkering and wondering if Omada SDN can edit the metrics on routing table so we can choose what to use.

I am having a trouble in load balancing, even if i set my primary WAN, it keeps using my WAN/LAN1 and you can see in the image that its on the top of the routing table.

Is there a setting somewhere where i can either drag and drop the index  or order of routing table ?Is th

I only want my WAN/LAN as backup when the primary WAN drops connection. currently i disable my WAN/LAN1 port due to this problem/issue.

If any of this is a limitation by firmware, then can we push this as a feature request? or maybe there's already an update?

Other info:

Controller : OC200 v1 with fw 1.15.2 Build 20220323 Rel.60717

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Routing Table Metrics or Load Balancing
2022-05-27 04:02:42

Dear @Jeesoon1,

Jeesoon1 wrote

I am having a trouble in load balancing, even if i set my primary WAN, it keeps using my WAN/LAN1 and you can see in the image that its on the top of the routing table.

I only want my WAN/LAN as backup when the primary WAN drops connection. currently i disable my WAN/LAN1 port due to this problem/issue.

There might be some misunderstanding on the routing table. The Routing Table only displays information of routing entries that have taken effect. From the gateway routing table you provided, I guess that the WAN/LAN1 was worked before you configure the Link Backup, thus it appears in the table. However, once the Link Backup is configured as you did, the logical link of WAN/LAN1 will be down, and it won't forward data until the primary WAN fails. So nothing to be worried here.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-05-27 04:17:12 - last edited 2022-05-27 07:50:26

@Fae i hope i can edit the routing table.

Update**

I tried to check my public ip using ipchicken website and did a tracert, it is using my backup WAN.

Am i missing something here?

Options
2022-05-30 02:12:28

Dear @Jeesoon1,

Jeesoon1 wrote

Update**

I tried to check my public ip using ipchicken website and did a tracert, it is using my backup WAN.

How do you confirm it's using your backup WAN?

Do you mean that the public IP was shown as the IP address of your backup WAN after you enable Link Backup?

Is the gateway address of your primary WAN the same as that of your backup WAN?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 361

Replies: 3

Related Articles