Votes

Is there ever any plan to do full client-to-site OpenVPN tunneling on the ER605?!?

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread OpenVPN - Full Tunnel Support. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

Is there ever any plan to do full client-to-site OpenVPN tunneling on the ER605?!?

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread OpenVPN - Full Tunnel Support. Please vote on the main thread.
2022-06-15 15:35:07 - last edited 2022-10-28 04:26:49
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

IWhy would anyone release a VPN router and not support full tunneling on OpenVPN?  There ii demand for people who want to run all of their traffic through the VPN connection as it is clearly supported by just about every other manufacturer/model, even other TP-Link products.  I thought with this latest firmware relase the devs would have finally implemented a pretty glaring omission but nope, still not working.

I'm about to throw all of this Omada junk away and just go buy Ubiquiti.  That's not really the route I want to go but this router is a joke and I want a fully integrated solution.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Is there ever any plan to do full client-to-site OpenVPN tunneling on the ER605?!?
2022-06-16 06:02:14 - last edited 2022-06-16 06:02:26

fidobet wrote

IWhy would anyone release a VPN router and not support full tunneling on OpenVPN?  There ii demand for people who want to run all of their traffic through the VPN connection as it is clearly supported by just about every other manufacturer/model, even other TP-Link products.  I thought with this latest firmware relase the devs would have finally implemented a pretty glaring omission but nope, still not working.

I'm about to throw all of this Omada junk away and just go buy Ubiquiti.  That's not really the route I want to go but this router is a joke and I want a fully integrated solution.

Hi @fidobet 

To gather feedback from others, I'd like to transfer this thread to the block of "Requests & Suggestions" so that it could be seen by more people.

2022 TP-Link Wi-Fi 7 Product Launch Event | Watch the Replay at https://www.tp-link.com/us/wifi7/event/.
Options
Re:Is there ever any plan to do full client-to-site OpenVPN tunneling on the ER605?!?
2022-06-16 18:31:06

@Hank21 That would be great.  Do I need to do this or is that something you can handle internally?

The OpenVPN implementation is only half complete and it would be nice if some of these core (expected) features were completed instead of bringing things like Facebook Wifi in the updates.  Ive seen multiple threads where people are dealing with broken functionality which even a cheap $30 router can do better but I have yet to see a thread where someone was waiting for facebook wifi to be implemented.

Thanks for helping to escalate this issue.  It's been a source of madness for a lot of us.

Options
2022-06-20 07:59:41

@fidobet 

Hello,

I would also find it extremly advantageous, or rather necessary, if full tunneling would be supported.

OpenVPN is really poor implemented actually:

I also miss:

- setting up vpn users and password (i don't mean the login for openvpn providers). Actually there is only one profile for all users. That's not secure enough.

- logging for the openvpn section. Actually we are completely "blind". There ara no error-logs, no logs about user-logins, no entrys in the clients-section...

- the stability of the openvpn server seems to be in need of improvement. The speed fluctuates between 12 Mbit/s and 21 Mbit/s without any additional load on the router.

Greatings

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 251

Replies: 3