Fixed IP Address not working (ER7206 FW 1.2.1)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Fixed IP Address not working (ER7206 FW 1.2.1)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:Fixed IP Address not working (ER7206 FW 1.2.1)
2022-06-27 09:11:22

Dear @RBL,

RBL wrote

As mentioned in another thread I have the same issue, when upgraded the TL-R605 v1.0 to 1.2.1, devices with fixed ip-addresses got different ip's. Reverting back to 1.2.0 solved the issue.

Do you mean that reverting back to the firmware ER605v1_un_1.2.0_20220328(Beta) which was provided in this thread can solve the issue?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-06-27 09:14:17 - last edited 2022-06-27 09:18:05

Fae wrote

Dear @RBL,

RBL wrote

As mentioned in another thread I have the same issue, when upgraded the TL-R605 v1.0 to 1.2.1, devices with fixed ip-addresses got different ip's. Reverting back to 1.2.0 solved the issue.

Do you mean that reverting back to the firmware ER605v1_un_1.2.0_20220328(Beta) which was provided in this thread can solve the issue?

@Fae No, I went back to this firmware: 1.2.0 Build 20220114 Rel.76871, I did not had the problem in the previous version. Upgrading to the new version created the issue for me. Reverting to previous version solved my issue. BTW I have an OC200 running the latest version (Version: 5.1.7 Build: 1.15.2 Build 20220323 Rel.60717).

Options
2022-06-28 10:11:59

Dear @Utmstgsn,

Utmstgsn wrote

@Fae I mean, that none of devices will get an IP via DHCP, regardless of whether I have configured an Fixed IP or not, until I change the range. 

From your description, the issue is more likely to be a DHCP not working issue.

Can you still recall the previous firmware version of your ER605?

Are your wired and wireless devices now working steadily and getting the Fixed IP address as expected?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-06-28 10:29:42 - last edited 2022-06-28 10:30:09

Dear @rg.kszi,

rg.kszi wrote

I have the same issue. DHCP reservation not working. I (think) had no issue with this until I updated my route firmware to 1.2.1 about a week ago. (or my clients not reported it to me earlier).

Omada Controller Version: 5.1.7

Router ER605 1.0, firmware: 1.2.1

Sorry to say this, but it is very annoying bug again. I like omada, but nowadays every new firmware update contains a new bug, like this... I use DCHP reservation on my clients notebooks in order to use our network printer/scanner. All of the sudden they can't scan documents because of this...

To confirm, are you using OC200 controller? Is your case the same as what @RBL reported that "devices with fixed ip-addresses got different ip's.", or like what @Utmstgsn mentioned that "none of devices will get an IP via DHCP"? The former is that devices can get an IP via DHCP but not get the preset fixed IP, the latter is that devices cannot get an IP via DHCP at all. They are different.

No matter which case it is, please try rebooting the ER605, the controller (and the clients if possible) to see if it helps.

You may also check your DHCP reservation list to confirm that there is no duplicated reservation IP.

Options
2022-06-28 10:36:56

Dear @PavelV,

PavelV wrote

@Utmstgsn 

Hello, I have the same problem. Reservation not working. 

How are you? I remember that you reported in this thread that the beta firmware helped resolve the issue. Do you now upgrade to the 1.2.1 official firmware and then get the same issue like what @Utmstgsn mentioned that "none of devices will get an IP via DHCP"?

Are you using the OC200 controller? Could you please try rebooting the ER605, the controller (and the clients if possible) to see if it helps?

You may also check your DHCP reservation list to confirm that there is no duplicated reservation IP.

Options
2022-06-29 03:33:18
As explained, once I edit the settings on the LAN, it starts to work, if I don't they all will be stuck with 169.* addresses. I have around four different VLANs setup, all of them use the gateway's DHCP except the main management VLAN which is disabled and uses a pi.hole DHCP/DNS instead. The other VLANs appear to work, but the IOT one which is of the 172.16.0.1/24 range just does not seem to work at startup. When I have a moment, I will reboot it and see if it works since I have cleared out all the DHCP reservations that I had set up to see if that helps the issue.
Options
2022-06-29 06:54:40

Dear  @Fae 

I'm using an OC200 Controller. My case is " devices with fixed ip-addresses got different ip's". I rebooted the router and rebooted the controller also. After that I have the same issue. It's very frustrating.

Options
2022-06-29 07:28:31

@Fae 

I can recreate the issue, where the DHCP is failing.

If I reboot both the EAP660 (HD(US) v1.0, FW 1.1.1) and the Gateway (ER7206, FW 1.2.1) through the Omada, it will not lease IP addresses to the devices connected to the EAP660 HD. At least not in the IOT VLAN that I have setup anyway. Once I go into the LAN settings, adjust the DHCP settings, the IP addresses are given to the devices.

I also tested, just rebooting the EAP660 HD, and this works fine, the IP addresses are assigned. Its only when you reboot both the Gateway and EAP that it fails. 

I don't know what other information you need from me in order to get this fixed, but let me know and I'll be happy to provide. Its a pretty annoying issue as it means that you can't rely on it restoring itself after a power failure, I always have to go in and mess with Omada in order to get it working.

At the moment I haven't been able to recreate the issues with DHCP Address Reservation. I started this Thread to focus on the DHCP Leasing issue but just noticed a few issues with reservation - but after clearing everything out and re-entering it, it seems to be OK. However the DHCP addressses not leasing is still an open and annoying problem I am having and seems to have something to do with when the wi-fi and gateway initialize.

Options
2022-06-29 21:48:52 - last edited 2022-06-29 21:49:44

To follow up, I noticed the issue is not isolated to wireless. I have a tv which is wired that didn't work until after doing the trick to get DHCP working by adjusting the settings in the LAN settings. The annoying thing is that I can't even get the devices to get an IP address by restarting the individual devices. Its like the actual DHCP server fails and stops assigning IP addresses altogether.

Options
2022-06-30 01:18:13

Dear @Utmstgsn,

Utmstgsn wrote

To follow up, I noticed the issue is not isolated to wireless. I have a tv which is wired that didn't work until after doing the trick to get DHCP working by adjusting the settings in the LAN settings. The annoying thing is that I can't even get the devices to get an IP address by restarting the individual devices. Its like the actual DHCP server fails and stops assigning IP addresses altogether.

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID220631813, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Options