CPE210's, one in AP mode & one in AP Client Router mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-29 01:29:41
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.3

Okay, I'm setting up my 2 new CPE210's now, one in AP mode & one in AP Client Router mode. I had to change the IP of the AP mode device to 192.168.0.253 so I could access both at the same time while setting them up. I have the AP Client Router device physically at house #1 so I can set them up without commuting between houses. I followed all of the setup instructions for each mode and everything looks fine. However, the AP Client Router device [I'll call it ACR from here on, & the AP device ... AP!] does not have internet connection. The signal strength is maximum [only 25' apart, for now]. I have the AP LAN set to Static, with it modified to the 192.168.0.253 address. I have the ACR LAN set to Static also, with the default 192.168.0.254 address. The ACR has a WAN setting [no such setting for AP] of Dynamic. It has a WAN MAC address same as the factory address for the ACR itself.

On the ACR Status page, for Radio Status, it shows both AP & Client enabled, with the same factory MAC address for both [different SSID's]. The WAN section shows connection type of Dynamic and the same factory MAC address. Everything else is zeros or N/A. In the monitor section, under Dynamic WAN, it shows DHCP status as alternating between "Connecting ..." and "Disconnected". I just clicked on the Interfaces link, expecting nothing, but it shows 4 interfaces!

LAN0; factory MAC-1; 0 IP; & stats [none 0]

BRIDGE; factory MAC-1; 192.168.0.254; & stats [none 0]

WWAN; factory MAC; 0 IP; & stats [none 0]

WLAN0; factory MAC; 0 IP; & stats [none 0]

Under ARP Table it shows 192.168.0.101 with an unknown MAC address & BRIDGE interface. Under Routes it shows 192.168.0.0, with Gateway 0.0.0.0, Subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 & BRIDGE Interface. Under DHCP Clients it said No DHCP Clients. Under Stations it said No Associated Stations.

That was interesting, so I checked same page for AP. There the Radio Status for AP was Enabled, with factory MAC for the AP [CPE210], but the Client status was Disabled & all fields N/A. Under WAN, all fields were N/A. However, under Monitor, the Stations "tab" showed the MAC address of the ACR [which I never entered in setup for AP], with the Device Name specified in ACR setup, with the specified SSID of the AP. CCQ was 98, Data TX/RX was 0/2 [kbps] & the IP Address was 192.168.0.114 [which I never specified anywhere, it is in the DHCP IP range]. Under Interfaces it showed 3 interfaces:

LAN0; factory MAC; 0 IP; & stats [none 0]

BRIDGE; factory MAC; 192.168.0.253 IP; & stats [none 0]

WLAN0; factory MAC; 0 IP; & stats [none 0]

[no WWAN]

Under ARP Table, showed IP 192.168.0.3, which is the static IP of my PC that is displaying all this info, IP 192.168.0.114, apparently that of ACR, according to the Stations display, & IP 192.168.0.22, which I don't recognize. All showed the Interface as BRIDGE. While typing this several other entries appeared, then disappeared, usually with IP addresses I recognized from Omada devices in my Mesh Network. Actually, that last IP [.22] disappeared too, leaving only my PC & the ACR]. Under Routes it shows 192.168.0.0, with Gateway 0.0.0.0, Subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 & BRIDGE Interface, and also 0.0.0.0, with Gateway 192.168.0.1, Subnet mask of 0.0.0.0 & BRIDGE Interface. Under DHCP Clients it also said No DHCP Clients.

Well, all of this data indicates there is some sort of connection between the 2 CPE's, as I didn't enter all of that info. However, there is still no internet connection via the ACR CPE. What am I doing wrong?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 321

Replies: 0