TL-SX1008 failing ports, what to do?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-25 12:26:32
Tags: #Failing port
Model: TL-SX1008  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Having had 3 TL-SX1008 switches now with failing ports does seem like this problem is not just a coincidence anymore.

Looking for help what to do. Keep sending in RMA's and having new devices fail again within a year is really frustrating.

Is there anyone that was able to track down the exact problem, and if this is something i can fix myself?

I have tried to reboot the device numerous times after port fails, but it seems there is no change.

Everything is connected to a professional UPS, so i cannot fault the power supply to the units. Also, the cables are running to the ports are secure, when unplugging from a failed port to a working port, it connects instantly. Replugging to a failed port does nothing.

Please help.

Best,

Marcus

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SX1008 failing ports, what to do?
2022-10-10 19:19:56 - last edited 2022-10-10 20:08:03

@therealthings Same here. The switch was kinda bumpy after power outage, but somehow make it works with power cycling and plug/unplug devices on different ports.

Switch is on a rack with a power surge protector.

Today we got a minor power outage, but no avail to make it work. Only two ports were working. After trying to make it work again, now all the ports seem dead: no activity from a Windows 10 PC, a Dlink 8ports 1G switch (where the TV, PS3 and PS4 are plugged), a Synology NAS and a Netgear 16ports 1G switch.

The Netgear switch is on the same rack for the rest of ethernet plug in the house, and no issue to plug and detect those devices which were on the TL-SX1008.

I read TP Link is aware of that, it's a firmware issue, but doesn't seem to be helpfull with customers.

Of course I bought it on 9/9/2021 on newegg Canada. I contacted support, but if no avail. I'm very techsavy, I think I saw JTAG connector on the PCB of the TL-SX1008, if I had a dead unit I hope I can get a new firmware and try to patch it myself.

Options
Re:TL-SX1008 failing ports, what to do?
2022-10-11 07:02:44 - last edited 2022-10-11 07:04:43

@TheRealPhoenix 

I have had both switches returned to the retailer where i bought them. TP-Link offered no explanation to the retailer other than that they replaced the faulty units. So i asked the retailer to give a full refund on them, which they eventually after a lot of hassle did. Now i am using the older Netgear XS508M but they are night and day difference with the SX1008. No longer listening to the sound of taking off of an airplane. For me, never ever TP-Link again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 579

Replies: 2

Tags

Failing port
Related Articles