TCP Connections May Fail Between Different VLANs On The Same EAP650/ EAP670/ EAP653 [Case Closed]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TCP Connections May Fail Between Different VLANs On The Same EAP650/ EAP670/ EAP653 [Case Closed]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
32 Reply
Re:TCP Connections May Fail Between Different VLANs On The Same EAP650/ EAP670/ EAP653
2022-11-17 17:11:20

@Crusoe 

It is an absurdity for a company like TP-Link to treat customers, who really spend a lot of money on hardware, like this and leave them out in the cold!

They act as if they could and can do business. But honestly, they really are not currently!

And the only remedy left for us as paying customers is to complain and ask again and again.

If there's a timeline or any definite statements on the subject from TP-Link, then I'll be quiet - I promise. But not like this!

Options
Re:TCP Connections May Fail Between Different VLANs On The Same EAP650/ EAP670/ EAP653
2022-11-18 00:13:26

@Crusoe 

Crusoe wrote

@Spryde Any update on when you'll ask for another update?

Yes, it's very disappointing and tarnishing this bug hasn't been addressed, you've aired that grievance and I share it. But only thing to do now is wait for the release. I subscribe to this thread so that I know as soon as the release is issued. All the notifications of people asking for updates are unnecessary. Fae is active, so they'll respond when there's an update, which means the answer to your question is no, there are not any updates. I don't see the value in Fae replying replying "No, there are no updates" every time you ask as it just sends further unnecessary notifications and wastes everyone's time. as no new information is relayed.

@Fae  Could we consider locking this thread?

Well, @Christian2705 posted a new thread regarding this and @Fae replied to it.  So it's as if he has this thread set to ignore (if that's even an option).  He said he'd check with R&D to see if they could speed it up...lol.  No need to lock threads.  And thanks to @Christian2705 .

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/589094

APs: EAP225v3, EAP245v3, EAP670, Controller: Linux, Primary Switch: T2600-28TS, Routing: OPNsense
Options
2022-11-22 05:18:43

Hi,

first of all thanks to @Christian2705 for his efforts.

I made my decision. If TP-Link will not bring final Firmware by end of the year, I will sell all my TP-Link stuff and in our company, we will not be buying any more TP-Link products in the near future.

You feel like you're just a perpetual beta tester for TP-Link.

The R&D team seems to be much too small and instead of fixing problems, new devices and versions are always brought to the market, instead of providing the products on the market (which are all not cheap) with stable firmware.

This is really a pity, because I actually like the Omada approach very much.
But how should one please work sensibly with the devices?!

And to be a beta tester forever is unfortunately also not possible, because our company policies do not allow that (because of the separate privacy policy and data transfer to TP-Link).

Options
2022-11-22 09:57:51

To anyone considering using this beta firmware, just a warning that I've found a bug when trying to use it with a EAP650 connected to a Cisco CBS250-8FP-E-2G POE switch. Before the upgrade to the beta the AP works as expected powered by the Cisco switch, however after upgrading to this beta firmware the AP starts missing heartbeats and goes into a permanent reboot cycle.

If I then connect the same AP to a TL-SG2210MP TP-Link POE switch the AP works fine using the beta.

So be careful and run some tests if you plan to use this with none TP-Link POE switches.

Options
2022-11-26 19:56:05 - last edited 2022-11-26 19:56:45

@Dsinc I don't think, TP Link will ever fix those issues. 

best advice at the moment: take UniFi or any other hardware until TP-Link gets its stuff running. 

Options
2022-12-09 17:57:26

Received a firmware update in Omada yesterday for my EAP650 to version 1.0.6 that solves this issue. I'm in the US.

Options
2022-12-19 07:12:27

@Fae 

Hi.

Any update on firmware v.1.0.6? For me it's not available.

Options
2023-01-04 09:32:28

@Fae 

Hi Fae, Hi All.

Any update on this issue? As far as I understand and check, v1.0.6 AND acutal beta do not solve those ongoing fails/bugs of your Access Points.

My APs are now around a 3/4 year old and never worked, as they should work.

This cannot be the case, that you just don't fix those huge issues with your APs.

Please give us a definitve timeline, when those issues will be fixed. 

Options
2023-01-04 17:15:30

@Spryde 

the fact that they won't respond to this thread at all anymore, even to acknowledge it is pretty disgraceful.  If this is the level of support the products receive I am going to have to stop investing in the Omada ecosystem

Options
2023-01-06 03:22:10 - last edited 2023-01-06 03:24:34

@treas There was acknowledgment by Hank in another thread, that firmware updates are to come out in the next 2 weeks, I hope that stands up.  Also it's a bit telling that they have un-pinned this thread, which also makes me think they are about to issue firmware updates.

See here for Hank's post.

Options