One of NVR's are continously goes down and it's not acessible even by HDMI port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-03 20:46:10
Model: VIGI NVR1016H  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 210825 Rel. 74071n

Hello.

I have troubles with NVR1016H. Client ordered two NVR's with 25 IP cameras powered by POE switch D-LINK.

Week ago i've assigned all cameras setting them proper IP adress based on avaliablity on LAN network and I made terrain map with all cameras, so they are assigned by locations and in proper order.

On Friday I finally took both NVR's to the  IT enclosure, connected POE Switch to the LAN network switch and set mode to POE. For now 3 cameras are working fine, on 1st NVR - 1 camera VIGI C300HP and on 2nd NVR - 2 cameras VIGI C300HP. Both NVR's are running WD Survivalence HDD 10TB, both was formatted/initialized using NVR setup wizard.

So when I left client, I took my android phone with installed VIGI app - because it shows notification that one of camera motion detection found movement and records what was that, so I clicked on notify and it shows "Network is unstable, can't show recordings, refresh to try again" (sorry I can't change in app language to English so I have to translate it from Polish) and after refreshing it still shows same error. So I swiped back to view where you see all 16 channels and camera 1 and 2 on 2nd NVR was "No device".

I was trying to reboot NVR, but I can't find option in VIGI mobile APP (Finally I found it today) so I've installed Security Manager on my windows 10 PC, tried to reboot - but nothing happend and there is still error "No device" and "Network is unstable" and also there are notifications about "There is something wrong with HDD, you can't save or read photos/recordings".

So Today I visit client, took my camera tester, connected HDMI cable to my tester and wireless mouse to usb port on NVR - and nothing happens "No signal on HDMI input". Because there is no reboot/turn off button, I took power cable out for 20 seconds and plug it back. After while my tester screen shows input and VIGI logo and then some pixels bars and 2 seconds after this shows again VIGI logo. Next I could login to system using my preset Credentials. So cameras where fine, I could change recording type, HDD was fine, cameras where detecting motions - everything should be fine. But after couple hours NVR goes down again, with no signal on HDMI, cameras where down. So I had to force boot again, and I thought it could be some troubles with HDD - the only option was to formatt it again using menu  -> storage -> formatt.

Now they were working fine for little bit longer, and again they where down. I don't know what to do with this troubles? Everythings should be fine, HDD is connected firmly and properly, Grouding cables are connected to NVR's, enclosure, and both Switches. Cameras are connected by RJ45 STP connectors with grounding, only D-LINK switch and both NVR's aren't connected with grounded RJ45 connectors.

Now only 1st NVR is working. And it drives me crazy because remotely I can't set motion detection sensitive and bees are flying around cameras and continously turning on detection.

Please help me with this trouble. I think this NVR is probably damaged somehow and should be exchanged in store where I bought them.
Thanks in Advance

Gh0ster

Options
3 Reply
Re:One of NVR's are continously goes down and it's not acessible even by HDMI port
2022-09-05 12:59:55

@Gh0ster 

Hello.

So today, I took NVR from IT enclosure and I disassembly case of NVR. Was working fine for couple hours with "Bad Sector Detection" turned on full scan - it was working fine from 7 am to 12 am when one worker checked notification about motion detection and device starts to beeping. After 5 seconds it dies and app send notification about "no hard drive detected". Next step was force reboot, put HDD in bad sector full scan... And it's working till now. I will gonna check it on Today evening if it's working fine. Maybe it could be ground failure.

Options
Re:One of NVR's are continously goes down and it's not acessible even by HDMI port
2022-09-07 22:35:04

@Gh0ster 

So little update.

Earthing is fixed and fit properly. IT enclosure is grounded to PE from main switchboard by 10mm2 yellow-green insulated copper wire, also all devices inside are grounded by 1,5mm2 copper wire, and UPS is also grounded to enclosure by 6mm2 copper wire.

1st NVR is still connected inside of enclosure while 2nd is temporarily connected on desk. 

I don't know what is going on, because now 2nd is fixed and working properly for 5 days while 1st one (connected and earthed in IT case) is continuously turning offline - I also tried many times manual reboot using VIGI app and Security Manager and NVR stays offline - only power unplug is working with it. Tomorrow I will gonna call TP-LINK support for help and maybe for replacement of both NVR's.

I will tell you what they will propose.

Options
2022-09-16 20:08:27

@Gh0ster 

So after 3 days - NVR's goes offline. So I thought it will be power supply (I had one extra power cord) so I've changed one power cord to another (from 1008 they are the same) and another 2 days of continuous working without failure till today! Both NVR'S are offline.

So here are steps that I tried now:

1. Download from TP-LINK support both firmware the oldest and newest firmware versions,

2. Connect external drive like pendrive (32gb works perfectly NTFS),

3. Export all settings on external drive,

4. Install oldest firmware from external drive,

5. After reboot - install newest firmware from external drive,

6. Make sure all settings are same as before downgradeing/upgrading - if not import them from external drive,

7. Next couple days of testing.

I think there could be one more thing that can make error in system which is: no hard drive failure and then device goes to offline - I'm 90% sure it is because of my WD purple 10 TB HDD have more disk/dishes than other HDD's with lower capacity. Also spin-up time is on 1st HDD= ~574, 2nd HDD= ~618 - so for me it means that software is loading up much faster than HDD and somehow it shuts down spinning up process - because its too long than it should be.

Maybe support should try to make another version with updated code for each type of HDD's with higher capacity and more disks/dishes - to wait X seconds untill drive spin-up and will be visible by software. By this I mean that booting system should take a little bit longer time than it is doing now - fine it's good to have system running after couple seconds but for all those issues with hard drives - it drives crazy. There should be auto-check script which will continuously every X seconds try to recognise HDD that wasn't recognized - because of longer spin-up time. And also there should be option to force reboot in every case! Now reboot is working only when everything is working perfectly! If NVR find out that there is no HDD installed - NVR goes offline and completely unusable and there is no option to reboot - only removing power cord works! 

We will see in couple days what is going on. If there will be more failures I will ask my dealer to exchange NVR'S for new ones.

Options