TL-R605 Bugs (I think) with login and address reservation

2022-09-05 11:15:00
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20220512 Rel.76748

Started: Since I bought the equipment (I guess about a year ago, don't remember exactly)

Ended: Still happening

Description: When trying to login in the interface there are times that it will straight away show me the message saying "You have been timed out. Please log in again" and log me out. This happens especially when trying to access the interface while connected to the site via VPN. It used to happen to the point where it was unusable because I would try to connect for like 5 minutes before it finally let me in. Now it does it sometimes during login and when I'm navigating through menus, even though the web idle time has not expired. Even if it happens when I'm navigating in the menus due to the web timeout (which I'm sure it is not) it is very frustrating that it happens upon login.

I don't believe there are any settings I need to change for that but if there are, please correct me. Otherwise please fix it in some firmware upgrade.

Started: Noticed it in the latest firmware upgrade. It wasn't happening when I bought it but I didn't keep track of when it started.

Ended: Still happening

Description: In Address Reservation trying to disable a reservation shows "Invalid MAC or IP Address".

I believe both are buggy behavior but if I’m wrong and there are any settings I need to change, please let me know because I can’t seem to figure it out.

If needed I can provide screenshots or screen captures of the behavior.

Thanks in advance!

Options
6 Reply
Re:TL-R605 Bugs (I think) with login and address reservation
2022-09-07 07:56:37

@evan022 

Regarding the interface you mentioned, you can set the Idle timeout in the web interface under System Tools.

Options
2022-09-07 09:46:02

@Virgo 

Thanks for your reply.

I have this option set up to 5mins but unfortunately it does not help with the fact that it logs me out immediately after I log in (mostly when accessing via VPN) and that it logs me out when I'm actively going through the menus (a lot less than 5min idle time, more like 30s).

Options
2022-09-08 05:48:42

@evan022 

How exactly did you set up the VPN?
Using TL-R605 as a VPN Server or Client?
What kind of VPN, PPTP, L2TP, IPsec?

Options
2022-09-08 13:38:02

@Virgo 

TL-R605 as VPN Server and I connect to the site via L2TP/IPSec or OpenVPN (mostly L2TP/IPSec).

Options
2022-09-08 13:59:12

This is what happens once I log in. Sometimes it only happens once, other times it might do it 5-6 times consecutive before it lets me in.

Options
2022-09-09 06:37:55

Dear @evan022 ,

evan022 wrote

This is what happens once I log in. Sometimes it only happens once, other times it might do it 5-6 times consecutive before it lets me in.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue.

The ticket ID is TKID220910270, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

2022 TP-Link Wi-Fi 7 Product Launch Event | Watch the Replay at https://www.tp-link.com/us/wifi7/event/.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 196

Replies: 6

Related Articles