Controller mode ER7206: Difficulty with multiple LANs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-28 02:30:05
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

SPF-WAN and WAN are both configured and working with the default LAN (VLAN 1 / 192.168.10.1/24)

I want to connect and define a separate LAN interface attached to port WAN/LAN1. I've provisioned this with Wired Network/LAN/Create new LAN with name "Home" as type Interface, and I've selected only Interface WAN/LAN1. VLAN is set as 20 and subnet/gw 192.168.20.1/24.

However, any combination of ACL setting or static/policy routes I try are unable to make systems attached to the new HOME lan (all clients are manually IP set within the proper subnet with the gw and dns as 192.168.20.1) connect out through the WAN.

Similarly I am unable to get packets forwared between default LAN and the HOME lan. Though if I manually set the IP of a client in the LAN network within a subnet of the HOME lan I am able to reach other hosts in the HOME lan.. so Layer 2 is working because of the default LAN configs.

recap: I cannot get the gateway to route layer 3 from the HOME lan to WAN or from default LAN to HOME lan.

I assume I'm missing an Omada concept here, any assistance would be appreciated. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Controller mode ER7206: Difficulty with multiple LANs
2022-12-28 12:44:09

@ChrisCook8 

You do not need to set ACLs or static routes.

If you want data from a particular VLAN Interface within LAN to go to a specific WAN port, all you need to do is set up a policy route.

Also how do you know that policy routing is not taking effect, you can check this with the traceroute command.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Controller mode ER7206: Difficulty with multiple LANs
2022-12-29 01:39:30
OK I think I figured out my misunderstanding. Only the default LAN (VLAN 1) is untagged in the gateway device. Any other port VLAN designation on the 7206 is tagged, so the input to that port needs to be tagged as that VLAN.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 538

Replies: 2

Related Articles