No traffic between LANs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No traffic between LANs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:No traffic between LANs
2023-03-05 22:24:25

@WilliamNL 

Need you to delete all ACLs, and validate that the controller has no tick marks for any LAN having any ACL associated with it.

Then I would like you to forget an the re-adopt the router.  Then forget and re-adopt the main switch.  Then power cycle the router one more time.

At this point all subnets should be able to talk to each other and you can begin with applying DENY ACLs as needed.  If not  please verify that your routing table has entries for 0.0.0.0/0 for each subnet on your main switch as we did before.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:No traffic between LANs
2023-03-09 16:04:16

@d0ugmac1 

Forgot the 7206 and the 3016 several times, deleted every ACL. 

Suddenly I noticed that a new switch I added which had a ip assigned via DHCP had the 0.0.0.0 > 192.168.0.1 line in the routing table. Found out that if you give devices a static IP and leave the gateway empty (it says optional) that line is not created. So changed all settings. 

Furthermore i noticed that for LAN's with dhcp a line was created per switch. so activated dhcp on every Lan. 

several combinations of everything but still not able to connect or even ping to 192.168.52.200 from 192.168.0.88 or any other combination. The only thing i can ping from a different subnet are the IPadresses which get assigned to de switches. Strangly enough. 

My routing table is now 3 pages long... 

These are the lines related to my main switch (in total 18 switches online now, some of them behind each other not all directly connected tot this switch). As you can see a 0.0.0.0 to the gateway and then for every subnet a line wich goes to an ip in that subnet. The static IP of this switch is 192.168.0.4. The other ones are obtained through DHCP but don't show up anywere. They can be pinged, from 192.168.0.88, and show a tplink managed by omada website. 

so still not working. If only an other brand was available now i would pay the extra premium because this is ridiculous

Options
Related Articles