Solution to Repeating Notification of "[Gateway] was connected" Issue on ER605 V2 [Case Closed]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Solution to Repeating Notification of "[Gateway] was connected" Issue on ER605 V2 [Case Closed]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
49 Reply
Re:Solution to Repeating Notification of "[Gateway] was connected" Issue on ER605 V2
2023-03-29 12:17:39 - last edited 2023-03-29 12:37:05

@Fae 

firmware is 2.1.2 on my er605 v2 .. it has updated a couple times before from the controller with no issue, this was the first i tried to upload an update to it under manage device / custom upgrade . since i can update from the controller, for online cloud updates, i should have been good, right ?? everything pushed has been updated just fine without issue. access points, switches, and the er605 in the past. 

"We received feedback that Controller v5 failed to upgrade EAP firmware either locally or via cloud access" 

I'll follow the steps from the page you shared.  but i am not aware of any of this " It seems that there is NAT or Firewall existed between your ER605 and Controller" ?? 

software is in docker on a synology nas . everything is local in the house, nothing off property. 

my nat and firewall ?? those should be all the default settings from the 5.9.9 controller software . i haven't changed any of it.  willing to check anything though

my er605 connected messages / disconnected messages have stopped. since the reboot of either the controller, or reboot of the er605. so that's good, for now. are those messages just cosmetic ?? the disconnected i can see the time lost in graphs.

currently have for ports (did not change them, they were correct)

auto refresh unchecked, http redirect checked, device management unchecked... these are my defaults from Global, system settings, access config. 

Options
Re:Solution to Repeating Notification of "[Gateway] was connected" Issue on ER605 V2
2023-03-31 06:38:46

Hello @JS_racer 

Glad to know that the connected/disconnected message has stopped, which was actually false events.

So your current firmware is already the 2.1.2 Build 20230221 (Beta), right? Which firmware did you try to upgrade to? Regarding the upgrading failure issue, the error message has indicated that the device failed to access the Controller's HTTPS management port for upgrading. It's suggested to check the firewall settings in your controller host (the docker), ensure TCP 8043 port is allowed.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-31 13:28:41 - last edited 2023-03-31 13:43:48

@Fae 

i have seen 9 connected messages in 24 hours for the er605 in the last day. so that's not fixed. it was good for a day or so, possibly 

i am on Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992 . it was the last firmware available in the controller management 

and went to update to the beta listed in this thread, that failed. 

i am not using the firewall for synology, or docker .... not sure what would cause that.. 

i was going to swap to the oc200, but firmware delays on it has put me off... 

8043 is from the controller to the er605 ?? do i ping the er605 to check ?? sorry confused here. 

looks like it is set up correctly, followed this guide http ://mariushosting.com/how-to-install-tp-link-omada-controller-on-your-synology-nas/

it has been running since the first of the year or so

does local update vs "cloud" update use different port/ process ?? 

Options
2023-04-04 12:23:08

@Fae 

back to seeing more disconnect and connect messages, for the er605

Options
2023-04-21 10:11:52

Not sure if anyone else also experienced the router not being able to resolve DNS?

I have set the WAN's DNS to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 suddenly DNS can't be resolved.

I can ping 8.8.8.8 just fine but doesn't resolve domain names from upstream router.

But when I manually put 8.8.8.8 on my PC's LAN DNS it works just fine.

Options
2023-04-23 14:29:44

Is there any possible solution for V1 hardware I have to reboot my router roughly every 3 weeks otherwise I get these constant disconnects.

Options
2023-04-25 02:35:36

Hello @JS_racer 

JS_racer wrote

does local update vs "cloud" update use different port/ process ?? 

Local update and cloud update use the same port. When both your controller and devices are adapted to controller v5, the device will try to access the controller via TCP port 8043 once there is a new firmware for upgrade. And when you receive the message that "Master Administrator XX failed to upgrade ER605 manually. Please check your network configuration and make sure the device can access the Controller's HTTPS management port.", it usually indicates that the device cannot access the controller's HTTPS management port, please check your network configuration.

Since your controller is installed on Synology NAS using Docker, it's possible that there are some firewalls or something blocking the communication between the device and controller's HTTPS management port. For example, you may check firewall settings like Access Control, try remove the firewall settings for checking.

BTW, the reason why the cloud update works before could be that your controller or devices were adapted to controller v4 before the firmware update, they are not using the TCP port 8043 for upgrade, so the situation is different. If you have an doubt, you can try to upload the firmware of your switch or the access point for a test, it should be failed with the same reason like the router upgrade failure if the current firmware of your switch or access point is also adapted to controller v5.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-04-25 02:36:35

Hello @Frankfurts 

Frankfurts wrote

Is there any possible solution for V1 hardware I have to reboot my router roughly every 3 weeks otherwise I get these constant disconnects.

Are you using the following beta firmware on your ER605 V1 now?

ER605 V1_1.2.3_Build 20230413 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Apr 14th, 2023)

Options
2023-04-25 02:43:11

@Fae no didn't know about that one I'll try it out thank you.

Options
2023-04-25 02:47:46
Looking at the release notes I think it will fix it as I think there is a memory leak as it comes up after roughly the same amount of time. Also the ip address fix is interesting as I've had a few instances of duplicate ip addresses being assigned.
Options