VLAN over unmanaged switches... maybe someone as an idea how to solve this?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-13 14:04:42
Model: SG2008P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am user of the TL-SG2008P switch in combination with an EAP and Omada Controller.

I also still have the ZyXel XGS1250-12 (managed, supports basic VLAN configuration) and a QNAP QSW-2104-2T (unmanaged).
I use VLANs and know that unmanaged switches don't really support VLANs usually... but in combination with the ZyXel XGS1250-12 the unmanaged QNAP QSW-2104-2T  forwards the VLAN ... I could connect the TP-Link EAP (660 HD) directly to a 2,5G port of the QNAP and generate SSIDs with VLANs from the ZyXel and they worked and the traffic was completely seperated from the other networks.
With the TL-SG2008P the VLAN-connection to the ZyXel over the QNAP does not work... 
So I have to find a managed switch instead of the QNAP to make this work? I did not find a small and passively cooled multi gigabit managed switch so far, and another ZyXel XGS1250-12 is not ideal, because it gets very hot and at the location where its supposed to be installed has no ideal  conditions for airflow... The QNAP QSW-2104-2T remains cool enough and I dont't know if there is any managed alternative? 
Or do I have to wait and hope that TP-Link will offer a solution some time?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 312

Replies: 0

Related Articles