EAP 620 keeps becoming isolated after adding outdoor access points

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-04 14:59:55
Tags: #Mesh
Model: EAP620 HD   EAP610-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20220921 Rel. 73357

Hello, 

I am looking for some help with fixing an issue where a few of my APs keep isolating themselves. The issue mainly happens with one AP in my main building which has a wired connection, however the issue also occasionally occurs with 2 outdoor APs being used as a mesh bridge to another building and another AP on the other side of this mesh bridge. I have a further access point in the main building which hasn't had any issues. All of the APs in the main building are wired to a poe+ switch which is connected to a ER7206 router aswell as an oc200 controller, in the second building there is another poe switch connecting the outdoor AP to an internal AP, the only mesh network is between the 2 external APs.

I have read over a few similar threads and the general consenus seems to be that this is a cabling fault, I have tested the cables and found no issues and managed to get gigabit speeds when i connect a laptop to each of the cable drops. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions to help fix this issue.

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP 620 keeps becoming isolated after adding outdoor access points
2023-07-05 03:39:36 - last edited 2023-07-05 03:39:54

@SP_Jack 

I am looking for some help with fixing an issue where a few of my APs keep isolating themselves. The issue mainly happens with one AP in my main building which has a wired connection, however the issue also occasionally occurs with 2 outdoor APs being used as a mesh bridge to another building and another AP on the other side of this mesh bridge.

Hi, forgive me but need to double check are you sure the main wired AP shows Isolated frequently? Cuz Isolated states is a special state for mesh AP, check this:

If the Mesh signal is weak or suffering interference then either of these will cause the isolation issue. What does the signal strength look like for mesh ap? Also, if you turn on the 'Link Labels' in your topology/mapping you can see more detail on the connection:

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-07-06 14:59:20

@Virgo 

Thanks for the response, 

I have double checked on the controller and the AP that becomes isolated most frequently is definitely hardwired, the only mesh link is between the two buildings. I have read into the fact that hardwired APs shouldn't display isolated, unfortunately in this case the wired APs are becoming isolated when if they were down it should be disconnected. Just incase the AP is reverting to mesh is there anyway to disable this on the indoor APs whilst allowing my outdoor APs to mesh?

Virgo wrote

@SP_Jack 

I am looking for some help with fixing an issue where a few of my APs keep isolating themselves. The issue mainly happens with one AP in my main building which has a wired connection, however the issue also occasionally occurs with 2 outdoor APs being used as a mesh bridge to another building and another AP on the other side of this mesh bridge.

Hi, forgive me but need to double check are you sure the main wired AP shows Isolated frequently? Cuz Isolated states is a special state for mesh AP, check this:

If the Mesh signal is weak or suffering interference then either of these will cause the isolation issue. What does the signal strength look like for mesh ap? Also, if you turn on the 'Link Labels' in your topology/mapping you can see more detail on the connection:

Options
2023-07-06 15:40:31

@SP_Jack 

Hi, my suggestion is to fix (consciously set) the 5.8G radio channels of your APs that participate in the meshing.  This is particularly important if you use the ethernet port on meshed nodes because (for some reason) the AP thinks it is a wired node whenever the link is up on that port (even if it goes nowhere).  It also dramatically improves the re-lock time after a power cycle or other glitch.  For example between your real wired node and the first hop AP's use channel A.  If you have any AP's that are connected back-to-back via their ethernet ports, then change the channel on the downstream AP to channel B for the next hop.  If all your remote APs are standalone (ie the ethernet port is only used for power) then set all remote APs to the same channel A as the wired node.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 389

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles