Port forwarding, Open NAT, XBOX

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-09 07:54:35 - last edited 2023-07-27 01:54:40

Hi, fairly new here but basically I have my Omada network set up and have various LANs set up for the house, Main LAN, IoT, Kids etc

we have just moved house and after running cables I am now trying to configure everything properly. The most recent hitch is my Xbox's, they all show a Strict NAT, so I want to open the ports to allow an open NAT for the consoles. 
my knowledge of this is a little ropey an not had a proper play with the networking stuff recently. 

if anyone can guide me through how to set this up I would appreciate it hugely. I wondered if it is best to just open the ports or to set it up so that fixed IP addresses for each of the Xbox's only have the ports open, ?ip-group. 

I have other things I'd like to do but one thing at a time! 

I'm running OC200, ER605 v2, T1600G-28TS, TL-SG2210MP, and 2x EAP650 all with latest updates. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Port forwarding, Open NAT, XBOX-Solution
2023-07-10 07:25:37 - last edited 2023-07-27 01:54:40

Hi @ODPJDT 

Welcome to the community.

Here are some links helpful in setting up port forwarding for you:

Why virtual server (port forwarding) feature is not working on your TP-Link Business router?

How to set up Port Forwarding feature on TP-Link SMB Router (new UI)

For your controller, you can take a look at this to learn about a little bit.

(If you are not sure about your Xbox ports, you can enable DMZ. I think this is recommended by Xbox as well.)

For the Xbox ports, you probably need to contact its support to learn about the common ports they use for their gaming console.

You can set a static IP address to your Xbox. You can go to IP-MAC binding section to bind your IP address. Or you can click your device under Clients, and on the pop-up window, you can set a fixed IP to it

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Port forwarding, Open NAT, XBOX-Solution
2023-07-10 07:25:37 - last edited 2023-07-27 01:54:40

Hi @ODPJDT 

Welcome to the community.

Here are some links helpful in setting up port forwarding for you:

Why virtual server (port forwarding) feature is not working on your TP-Link Business router?

How to set up Port Forwarding feature on TP-Link SMB Router (new UI)

For your controller, you can take a look at this to learn about a little bit.

(If you are not sure about your Xbox ports, you can enable DMZ. I think this is recommended by Xbox as well.)

For the Xbox ports, you probably need to contact its support to learn about the common ports they use for their gaming console.

You can set a static IP address to your Xbox. You can go to IP-MAC binding section to bind your IP address. Or you can click your device under Clients, and on the pop-up window, you can set a fixed IP to it

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 423

Replies: 1

Related Articles